Any news on the new shadows for Spring?

liv

Wow, are those all yours? A couple are pretty, but there are only so many colors that Stila can make...
Are any of them unique from the existing line?

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Wow, are those all yours? A couple are pretty, but there are only so many colors that Stila can make...
Are any of them unique from the existing line?

It's hard to say just by looking at the picture. Some of them look a little similar to things they have made in the past, or that are in the current line, but over time they have discontinued so many shades that there are really quite a few colors available for them to make.

I feel like their existing line (not including these new and upcoming shades) of eye shadows is kind of limited compared to what it used to be.

liv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmelissa
It's hard to say just by looking at the picture. Some of them look a little similar to things they have made in the past, or that are in the current line, but over time they have discontinued so many shades that there are really quite a few colors available for them to make.

I feel like their existing line (not including these new and upcoming shades) of eye shadows is kind of limited compared to what it used to be.

That's true, I have bought quite a few off of members here, and checked on the site only to realize that they are no longer in the regular line. I just hope they come out with some great new and unique colors. =]
I am interested in seeing what this new formulation is all about though.

Beauty Mark

With Stila, they generally aren't going to go the MAC/Nars/Urban Decay route of bright, funky colors. Stila to me has always been kind of a girly brand. They can still expand their color selection, but I feel like they are kind of limited because of their market.

Their lipsticks, OTOH, are completely different story.

liv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
With Stila, they generally aren't going to go the MAC/Nars/Urban Decay route of bright, funky colors. Stila to me has always been kind of a girly brand. They can still expand their color selection, but I feel like they are kind of limited because of their market.

Their lipsticks, OTOH, are completely different story.

That's why I love Stila, bright colors just aren't for me. But they have made several shades that are more fun (Jade, Azur, Cassis) that are very colorful, but easily subdued. I'm hoping for more colors like that along with beautiful neutrals.

I haven't had a chance to try their lipsticks yet, but the High Shines look appealing.

Beauty Mark

I love their lipsticks, even though they discontinued my favorite red. I still haven't found something quite right yet
ssad.gif

Love Always Ivy

man i really wish stila had a) bigger palettes to fit their shadows b) they werent sold as just the pan, because theyre shadows are definetly something i can find myself being addicted to .

silverbelle282

I just ordered the kajiki duo off of sephora.com, the color description sounds really beautiful, we'll see when my package gets here
smiles.gif

i totally agree with beauty mark, stila is so 'girly'. the first thing i recall really wanting from stila was this scented shimmer body powder they made, it was $100, and when i finally got the cash together they didn't make it anymore! i was so upset.

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle282
I just ordered the kajiki duo off of sephora.com, the color description sounds really beautiful, we'll see when my package gets here
smiles.gif

i totally agree with beauty mark, stila is so 'girly'. the first thing i recall really wanting from stila was this scented shimmer body powder they made, it was $100, and when i finally got the cash together they didn't make it anymore! i was so upset.

Stila is definitely girly, that's one of the reasons I love it. Btw, which shimmer powder was it that they charged $100 for? That sounds quite high!

Stila actually has released some bright shades from time to time. They used to have this bright matte grass green eye shadow called Clover which I adored! I foolishly swapped it and never bothered to replace it and now I miss it terribly *tear*. They also had a bright turquoise shade, the name of which I don't recall but I do own it. I think when they used to have shades that were exclusive to the "pro" stores, those shades tended to be less common than what you'd see in every brand. Of course they've never had a color selection comparable to MAC, but really-who does? lol!

ETA: For Ivy-Ita about wishing there were bigger palettes but they also do make small metal pots with clear lids for the shadows to fit into. I think they run about $2 each. Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know.

liv

Quote:
Stila actually has released some bright shades from time to time. They used to have this bright matte grass green eye shadow called Clover which I adored! I foolishly swapped it and never bothered to replace it and now I miss it terribly *tear*. They also had a bright turquoise shade, the name of which I don't recall but I do own it. I think when they used to have shades that were exclusive to the "pro" stores, those shades tended to be less common than what you'd see in every brand. Of course they've never had a color selection comparable to MAC, but really-who does? lol!

I've seen pictures of these on MUA (carolineswing, I think), and they are beautiful, I am partial to how Mystic looks, I hope they rerelease this! I hope they release more fun colors like that, too. =] We just got an Ulta, and I am so excited for them to carry Stila.

iheartcolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
I've seen pictures of these on MUA (carolineswing, I think), and they are beautiful, I am partial to how Mystic looks, I hope they rerelease this! I hope they release more fun colors like that, too. =] We just got an Ulta, and I am so excited for them to carry Stila.

Is Ulta going to start carrying stila? I thought they were 'exclusive' to Sephora, and other upscale dept stores (Bloomingdales and a few others I think)

I am curious to see if they start popping up in other places.

-Lauren

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcolor
Is Ulta going to start carrying stila? I thought they were 'exclusive' to Sephora, and other upscale dept stores (Bloomingdales and a few others I think)

I am curious to see if they start popping up in other places.

-Lauren

From what I've heard, since EL sold them they've only been available at Sephora, Bloomingdales, and once in a few exclusives at Anthropologie. They've been out of Nordstrom, Saks, etc. for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me to see them going into Ulta though, and it would be better for me, easier to get to them-even if I am not a big fan of Ulta generally.

liv

Quote:
From what I've heard, since EL sold them they've only been available at Sephora, Bloomingdales, and once in a few exclusives at Anthropologie. They've been out of Nordstrom, Saks, etc. for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me to see them going into Ulta though, and it would be better for me, easier to get to them-even if I am not a big fan of Ulta generally.

Stila is already on Ulta's website. =]
Products in ♥Stila on ::ULTA::

I haven't been in the recently opened Ulta in my area yet (or ever, lol) so I am excited that a local store is stocking them, as I don't have a Bloomingdales or a Sephora store.

What don't you like about Ulta?

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Stila is already on Ulta's website. =]
Products in another forumStila on ::ULTA::

I haven't been in the recently opened Ulta in my area yet (or ever, lol) so I am excited that a local store is stocking them, as I don't have a Bloomingdales or a Sephora store.

What don't you like about Ulta?

Ooooh, I will be heading over to check out the Ulta selection promptly! Thanks for the link and the info!

Honestly, I don't have anything against Ulta in general except that they constantly tease me with coupons that I can't use because they aren't valid on "prestige brands"...which of course includes my faves that they carry-UD and now Stila. Also, my Ulta dropped HC which, while not my favorite, was still a brand I somewhat liked. They replaced it with something else, not even sure exactly what. I feel like all I see when I go into Ulta is BE everywhere, lol. In general I just don't really care for the selection in there-but that could just be my store. So really, I have nothing against them except that the store doesn't really thrill me as other stores do *cough-sephora-cough*.

liv

Quote:
Ooooh, I will be heading over to check out the Ulta selection promptly! Thanks for the link and the info!

Honestly, I don't have anything against Ulta in general except that they constantly tease me with coupons that I can't use because they aren't valid on "prestige brands"...which of course includes my faves that they carry-UD and now Stila. Also, my Ulta dropped HC which, while not my favorite, was still a brand I somewhat liked. They replaced it with something else, not even sure exactly what. I feel like all I see when I go into Ulta is BE everywhere, lol. In general I just don't really care for the selection in there-but that could just be my store. So really, I have nothing against them except that the store doesn't really thrill me as other stores do *cough-sephora-cough*.

You're very welcome!

I see, that's a bit stupid of them to have coupons that only work on certain brands. They sound like a "Sephora lite" to me. I heard a rumor we were getting a Sephora, and I'm half-hoping it isn't true just because I know that I could do some major damage in there if I could go any time I wanted. On the flip side, though, I would be able to see and touch in person rather than ordering online and being unhappy with what I've bought. Hmm, I think I'll go with the latter. =]