Any one become pregnant after getting tubes tide?

makeup_queen81

i wasn't sure to put this question here or on chatter.

Ok i had my second child almost 9 weeks ago and after i had my tubes tide. They told me before i had it done that there is a 1 in 400 chance of getting pregnant. So any one reading this that has children knows that you bleed "like a period" for a while after giving birth. This could last a week or even weeks. With my first i bleed for like 3 months, it was horrible. However this time i only bleed for maybe 3 weeks....and well i haven't started me period yet. I keep having dreams that i'm pregnant, my husband says just wait a couple more weeks to take a pregnancy test...i'm going crazy over here..haha

so i was just wanting to know if anyone has gotten pregnant after getting tubes tide?

TISH1124

yep....I got pregnant after a tubaligation...I had them tied 8 years before I got pregnant...This time they were burned and removed...I didn;t realize I was pregnant until I was over 4 months...because no one was testing me for being pregnant because my drs knew my tubes were tied...I was just sick ...and tired of being told I had a virus

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
yep....I got pregnant after a tubaligation...I had them tied 8 years before I got pregnant...This time they were burned and removed...I didn;t realize I was pregnant until I was over 4 months...because no one was testing me for being pregnant because my drs knew my tubes were tied...I was just sick ...and tired of being told I had a virus

oh geez that scares me..i can swear my dr. said she cut and burned them..but i don't know..i'm just playing the waiting game

TISH1124

Mine were only tied originally...If they were just cut or tied they can grow back together...But if they were cut & burned you should be good....the chances are very very slim

I even asked my dr...what if I want to get pregnant after this...he said...basically you are sh*t out of luck LOL

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Mine were only tied originally...If they were just cut or tied they can grow back together...But if they were cut & burned you should be good....the chances are very very slim

I even asked my dr...what if I want to get pregnant after this...he said...basically you are sh*t out of luck LOL

i really don't think i'm pregnant, but it would be just my luck to get knocked up again..lol

TISH1124

Stress, Weight Loss, breast feeding...etc...can lead to missed periods...I am sure you will be okay...try not to worry