Any PostSecret Fans?

Katja

I don't go the blog very often, but I do have a Post Secret book, and everytime someone new comes into my house, they get entranced by it, and they can't put it down. It does stir up some neat conversations.
smiles.gif

Anybody else have these books??

labwom

One of my friends got me one for christmas but I haven't really had the time to look thorugh it. My bf and I used to check out the site all the time but we haven't ina while. Interesting stuff.

Beauty Mark

I visit the site. I often wonder if people are lying about the secrets, but I'm always impressed with the artwork on a whole

Katja

I would love to send in a secret. I have a couple. I too wonder if people lie about their secrets, but some seem highly believable. Like the one wife who puts boogers in her husband's soup when she's mad at him. I don't know, I just don't think someone would make that up.

xbeatofangelx

Iduno, while it is interesting, sometimes it's VERY VERY VERY sad/depressing.

I read one about how this kid used to be held down by two bullies while one of them spit in his eye.

Or the ones about the "uncle" =[ =[

Soooo, soo sad. I don't think it's cool. Interesting and addicting to read, but terrible =[

mzcelaneous

I visit every Sunday and even sent in a secret a year ago. It's cool and a little weird at the same time. Once someone sent in a secret with a picture of my friend's daughter on the card and it was quite...disturbing.

Macnarsandlove

Does anyone read postsecrets?

A saw a music video a while ago with these in the and bored at work I decided to look them up. I read all the post cards and it is wild. Some were depressing, bringing up issues I have and others you were moved because you could feel the person who had wrote it was liberated and felt free. I just went through looking at all of them and in most cases it's just someone wants to be heard and not feel alone. The ones I identifed with more were lonely ones. I think those secrets that we use to bond together and separate in some cases only leeds to more loliness. Sorry for the run on sentences and typos really tired. Here the sight if you want to look. Thanks.
http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/

Raerae

Re: Does anyone read postsecrets?

Yeh that sites been around for a while, it's a fun one, thanks for the reminder.

coachkitten

I love postsecret. I have all of those books and wish that he would post new postcards more than once a week.
Some of them are so sad and some I can totally identify with. I think it is a great social experiment and I am glad that Frank Warren has stuck with it.