any recs for moisturizers?

Risbebe

well i'm using proactiv and as everyone knows it's a bit drying.. and so i'm looking for moisturizer for the night time... the proactiv s/a recommended i use the the oil free moisture , but it has SPF 15... kinda pointless wearing that at night.... so any suggestions for any good night time cream for acne blemished skin and that will not clog your pores..

Miss

Cerave cream or lotion is pretty good ( very hydrating, oil free, unscented...). Recommended by Dermatologists. You can find it at CVS.

Kuuipo

Instead of a cream, why not try a serum? They usually are clear, have more concentrated ingrediants, are not heavy like creams and are just "enough". Lots of drugstores have Garnier, L'Oreal and Olay serums. Olay also has a foam moisturizer under the Definity line that is not greasy and will not clog pores. Heavier is not always better in moisturizers-it can mean whiteheads, clogged pores, and more acne. RoC also makes nice serums.

Mitsy

Chanel Hydramax cream/gel, it moisturises and wouldn't leave your face sticky or shiny, It worked like a dream for me (I've got oily, spot prone skin, and I used this cream when I was on retin a and had some really dry spots on my face)

athena123

I use either jojoba oil or camellia oil as a light moisturizer. I have oily, combo skin and thick creams just aren't necessary for me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsy
Chanel Hydramax cream/gel, it moisturises and wouldn't leave your face sticky or shiny, It worked like a dream for me (I've got oily, spot prone skin, and I used this cream when I was on retin a and had some really dry spots on my face)

I soooo agree with the Chanel Hydramax
thmbup.gif

Chanel just up-dated it too - called Hydramax + Active. I stopped using moisturizer all together until this because they irritated my skin. I read about the Hydramax in Glamour - they said it is great for sensitive/breakouts skin. So i got a sample packet & fell in love. Its expensive but it comes in a large container. Well worth the price because it works. I had some of the dry patches...one application & my skin was as smooth as butter & not greasy feeling at all! I also recommend the Chanel Purifying cleanser & toner A+++ for problem skin

Origins is my fav skincare line. They have a few different moisturizers for all different skin types and consistencies, lightweight to moderate to heavy. I love the Have A Nice Day and it comes with SPF inside!

queenlerxst

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua
I use Jojoba Oil (actually a wax) for night time.

Yes! It's very light. I also mix this up with some of my mineral concealer to make application easier under my eyes (looks less chalky that way).

pat

I love MAC's Moisturelush Cream. I've also used L'Occitane face moisturizers. My mom uses Estee Lauder and Dior creams. Her face looks so nice for a 40 something year old. hehe

I use Proactiv as well and during the day time I use the SPF 15 moisturizer they carry.

jojoba oil is said to help unclog pores but I tried it and had the worse break out in my life, some people it works for some it does not. I use mary kay oilfree moisturizer & love it. Also Paulas choice has some great moisturizers I really like her gel feels like silk on the skin.

Claire84

I love Dear John by Benefit. My oily-ish/acne prone but really sensitive skin was acting up for a bit there (some bits v.oily, others all flaky), and I brought this into my routine and now my skin is super-soft.
smiles.gif

VeXedPiNk

I have problems with acne, but my skin gets really dry in spots. A lot of the moisturizers that help with the dryness just make my acne worse.

Then I got this face cream from Avon... it's just their plain moisturizer. It worked wonders! I use it every morning and night and haven't had any problems. Bonus: it's super cheap and lasts forever!

InRetospeck

during the day you should be using a moisturizer after step 3!!! Your skin will thank you for it years later... I LOVE MAC oil control for the day time and Moisture Lush for night time... It has been working really well for me. And my skin is super sensitive... lots of things burn my skin. I know this may be an investment... but, your skin will thank you, your make will thank you... and you'll feel better about yourself. I am not sure where you live, but, if you have a CO Bigalow store they give out lots of samples... so does keils. I found them all to burn my face. At first I thought the moisture lush was going to be to heavy... but not at all for night time. I also use fast response eye cream during the day and moisture lush eye at night...I am so in love with them all... next time you go to MAC to buy some things ask if you may have a sample. If they don't work out... you can always return them. MAC is not known for it's skin care... but they are getting there. If you compare there ingredents to some of the "high end"... it's the same stuff. MAC has not come out with any "treatments" like with peptides and such... which can tend to break your make down.... great for night... bad for day. But, MAC has loads of anti-oxidents and all the good stuff your skin desires.

ok.... done for now
smiles.gif

InRetospeck

forgot to say that I really dislike pro active's moisturizers.... really dislike them... I have tried them all... I will try anything once
smiles.gif