Anyone bought from this seller?

Makeup Emporium

I came across a seller who had MAC eyeshadows for only $8 on EBay and all the red flags went up! How is that even possible when they retail for $14.50 and even staff only gets 60% off. It would then cost another $2 or so for EBay final value fees, PayPal fees and EBay listing fees. So even if they work for MAC they cannot make any money selling them at only $8 so...
th_dunno.gif

Has anyone bought from them before and are they legit??

Original MAC single eyeshadow on eBay.ca (item 250587748889 end time 28-Mar-10 14:54:39 EDT)

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I came across a seller who had MAC eyeshadows for only $8 on EBay and all the red flags went up! How is that even possible when they retail for $14.50 and even staff only gets 60% off. It would then cost another $2 or so for EBay final value fees, PayPal fees and EBay listing fees. So even if they work for MAC they cannot make any money selling them at only $8 so...
th_dunno.gif

Has anyone bought from them before and are they legit??

Original MAC single eyeshadow on eBay.ca (item 250587748889 end time 28-Mar-10 14:54:39 EDT)

I'm guessing they're not 100% - alot of the items for sale are on several lists already on Specktra of counterfeit products.
Just too good to be true
thmbdn.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
I'm guessing they're not 100% - alot of the items for sale are on several lists already on Specktra of counterfeit products.
Just too good to be true
thmbdn.gif

Exactly my thoughts!!

antigone21

Thanks for this, I was wondering about this seller. It sounds too good to be true but at the same time she is posting YouTube videos showing her products and her face. I wouldn't show my face to the world if I was selling fake crap but I guess some people can do anything.

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
No it's not her, hun. It says underneath the posed youtube video.

That's what I thought when I read the post and looked at the listing, but then I did a search on Youtube for the seller's name, and found the youtube user name tuamorcito11 with a video entitled Real Mac On ebay (I tried putting a link on here, but it wanted to embed the video instead, and you wouldn't be able to read the sidebar then

Read the video description (click on 'more') and you'll see it's our seller. Click on 'More From: tuamorcito11' and there are videos with her face in.

Eleentje

Wow, great research!
smiles.gif

I don't think that vide proves anything. She could be showing her own collection of genuine Mac (esp. cos she notes that she had used the sponge applicator of one of the foundations at certain point), while selling the fakies on Ebay.

antigone21

True! Plus at one point in one video she drops a powder and then just puts her fingers in it. Why would she open stuff that she claims to be "brand new authentic MAC"?

juicy415

stay away from just_simple_life i had bought from her 2 eyeshadow and it turned out to be fake.. i can provide pics if needed

dwha7494

I've bought quite a few eyeshadows and brushes off of just_simple_life and they are indeed authentic. I depotted my shadows from her and they are the real thing. Even M/A's at MAC said the brushes were 100% real.
yes.gif
I worried for nothing after ordering the products from her because of all the horror stories about counterfeit MAC on ebay.

Smf16

I must also say I have ordered from this seller just simple life plenty of eyeshadows and blushes...they are all authentic..I have compared them to my MAC counter eyehadows and they are the same...I even took one in to the MA and she says its authentic...Also I have bought fake MAC before on ebay and her stuff is definitely not fake....HTH
smiles.gif

vegas1

Has anyone bought palette refills from her? Also, does anyone know if the mixing mediums (water base) now have measurement markings on the side of the bottle. The code number on the UPC code sticker is C68? I've never seen measurement markings on the bottles before and don't have a new boxed one to tell if the code is correct or not. Would like to hear from someone who got theirs FROM MAC please. Thanks alot!

vegas1

I got a palette refill from her, so I guess I'll need to depot it. What the verdict on the pans now? Should they have the ring or not or be flat on the bottom?