Anyone else have Winfixer?

iiifugaziii

I have this weird thing that installed itself on my computer called Winfixer, and I'm not sure what website I got it from but I was just seeing if anyone else on here has that on their computer? It's so annoying it's like a virus. I'm trying to figure out if i got it from this site and if it's hosted through here.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
I'm trying to figure out if i got it from this site and if it's hosted through here.

No you didn't, and no it's not. Specktra.Net maintains it's own server and does not use any type of data collecting cookies/devices as we are a not for profit site.

GlamDazzled

yeah, that downloaded on my computer TWICE....I just deleted it..and then ran a virus scan...and I think its all gone now lol

iiifugaziii

how did you delete it? i can't find it in the add/remove programs. you know what it's called? gah it's driving me crazy

GlamDazzled

um if you cant find it on the add/remove thing....go to start > find > files or folders

and then type in WinFixer and it should tell you where that program is located on your computer. then you can delete it.

giz2000

It's spyware...I found that one of the best freeware programs for spyware, adware, etc is Avast....go to avast.com, download the home edition, run the scan and it's history...