Anyone else REALLY awkward infront of a camera?

pumpkincat210

Like specifically making a video tutorial? I am horrible at it.. i feel definintely out of place. I can record people fine and take pictures of other people pretty good, but myself not so much.
So can you relate?
Or offer some tips on how to be more natural and feel less goofy? because if that is how i am IRL then i'm going into hiding.

OfficerJenny

When I first started with the video tutorial business, I was really awkward and felt so weird, but I just had to do it more, after five or so videos I was used to it.
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

Get drunk before you film a tutorial.

No, but seriously, it's simply just being relaxed. It's difficult putting yourself out there, knowing total strangers are going to watch your videos and comment on them. If you try not to think about it or just try not to care, it'll probably help.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Get drunk before you film a tutorial.

No, but seriously, it's simply just being relaxed. It's difficult putting yourself out there, knowing total strangers are going to watch your videos and comment on them. If you try not to think about it or just try not to care, it'll probably help.

oh, my. if i got drunk first i'd be torn apart alive!! I guess i will just continue practicing, have all my supplies ready and maybe write a short script to follow for the first couple videos until i feel more normal.

pianohno

Start by doing video responses to popular videos of a similar topic - that way you know you'll be attracting your intended audience rather than some people who are gonna be like 'WHATS GOING ON? WHY DO YOU LIKE MAKE UP SO MUCH?' and so forth.

But seriously, it gets easier with practise. Just do a few 'test runs' - and remember most importantly to HAVE FUN!
yes.gif

L1LMAMAJ

I've always wanted to try out video tuts but I'm still too chicken.
ssad.gif
I think I'd feel very self-conscious if I were to actually bump into one of my viewers in real life. Haha I still wanna try it out though. Good luck!