anyone ever try the maybelline pure foundation?

xiahe

there were mixed reviews on MUA so i wanted to know what you ladies thought of it. i don't wear foundation and i don't really need it, but i'm looking for a decent one (preferably drug store) and also one that is OIL FREE to cover up my problem areas, mainly my forehead lol and the maybelline pure sounded promising =)

XShear

I really do love this foundation/tint. It is sheer, but covers redness well. If you do have some bumps, you will need a concealer. But, this stuff is great, I highly suggest trying it!

Sometimes color is a hit and miss, but the color was a perfect match for me!

PolyphonicLove

honestly, its not bad. sadly, they dont have my shade - dark 1 is too light, and dark 2 is too dark! so hopefully, if you buy, they'll have your colour.

a little saying I go by, is that maybelline foundations are only for women with perfect skin. and its true! Ive combination skin, and since its mostly water-based, it didnt cover my pores that well unless I used a lot of powder over it, and it was a bit messy, and in humid weather, it doesnt last long.

besides that, I quite liked it, despite the color thing...you can add enough to get the coverage you want, which is always a plus.

you mentioned that you dont really need a foundation, so this will actually be perfect for you with a good loose powder, especially since it sounds as if you dont have problem skin.

if youre acne prone like me, use a medicated concealer. it'll make all the difference in the world, trust me.

hope that helped some.

mello

I like it. It provides nice, sheer coverage, but you can layer it in problem areas if you need to. It also feels different than most foundations with oil in them. So use a moisturizer before you put it on otherwise you're going to be using a lot! But since you said you don't really need foundation it should be fine for you. But like polyphoniclove said, it doesn't last very long in humid weather. I use the medium 1 shade in Sandy Beige, just to give you an idea how the colors are.

Soph

i really like it, there's tonnes of shades and it feels like a tinted moisturiser really :] i would recommend it for sure

Soph xo

xsnowwhite

its good for the price, but it isnt my favorite. It didnt really cover much on me and the colors didnt match me everythings too yellow all the time.

MzEmo

its alright at first but later in the day the makeup turns cakey. but its sort of gives you a dewy natural look. its pretty cheap to try and the color matches well.

xiahe

so i finally had a chance to try this stuff and i must say i'm quite impressed! i like this stuff better than my revlon colorstay mainly b/c it feels so much better on my face. thank you for all of your help, ladies!
greengrin.gif