Anyone here play the Sims 2

Blueeyesangel18

I just start playing this again I have every expansion pack and all but one of the stuff packs it takes up so much space lol. This time I only installed the basic game and three expansion packs so I'm addicted again to my second world.
nope.gif
It entertains me at least and the sims do the weirdest things the guy I created start rummaging in the trash, I have no idea why oh and my butler stole my baby
ssad.gif
that was odd, does anyone else play this game... and are you addicted?? lol

chocolategoddes

I remember when I was addicted to this game. I'd pretty much block out the "real" world and sit at my computer, making up my own pretend world where everything was much more interesting and excititng.
Sims 3 is coming out but I'll probably skip out on it.

Corvs Queen

I play when I can. Everytime I add an expansion pack, my game runs slower and takes longer to load. I hate that. But I am super excited about the Sims 3. The preview looked great.
smiles.gif

Blueeyesangel18

Ya sims 3 looks great my bf rolls his eyes whenever I talk bout it he just knows I'll be addicted. It took two hours to install the amount I put on it lol

jinxii

I've been addicted to The sims for years, I even have it on my Nintendo DS... but no matter what console I play it on the PC version is always the best. I have high hopes for The Sims 3.

Redz24

I am sooo addicted, I had the Sims 2 but after I bought a duff expansion pack of off ebay, it kills the computer every time. I keep on thinking it will be ok lol.

I've got the 3 Sims Stories, completed 2 of them on story mode.

And I sooooooooo can't wait for Sims 3 to come out, released in the UK on the 20th of February!!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I play this when I have time, I have all the exp I love it. I dont know if my comp will able to handle the sims 3
ssad.gif
. My computer is full of custom content for the sims lol.

Lissa

ooh yes I love downloading new hair and clothes. And I make them have babies all the time lol

Beauty Mark

I once had a world I called "Celebrity Sims" where everyone was either a TV/movie/book character or a real celebrity. It was very interesting to watch.

I'm not sure if I'm getting Sims 3, though. I haven't had much time to read about it

Arisone

Oh boy do I play the Sims 2! I am a Sims 2 addict. This is my other addiction besides makeup. I just finished playing a two hours ago lol. I have all of the expansion packs and two stuff packs.

I micro-manage my sims' lives. I refuse to let my cute sims marry ugly Maxis made townies. My download folder is huge like 6 gigs lol. One of my sim worlds is a city full of punks, vampires, goths, Lolitas, criminals, model types and some Joe Shmoes. My main Sim world is one big soap opera. Cheating wives and husbands, wives having babies with other men, humans falling in love with vamps, vampire slayers, etc.

Also, I have a second world/neighborhood which is more of a magical/fantasy world with witches, fairies and nobility.

Weird things do happen in the game but that's what makes it the fun.

For instance, every time I get Santa Claus show up he eats a bit, dances then spends the rest of the night in the bathroom "Ho ho hoing" (until he disappears).

The weirdest thing that happened one night when I was playing the game. A male character's his wife died after giving birth. Then she started haunting the house. One night the male character had friends over and instead of haunting the place the ghost picked the baby up and washed and later fed the baby. I don't know if this happened because I play with hacks but it was interesting watching this.

From what I read about Sims 3 I think I might pass on this one. I saw the trailer and I am not impressed. The creators are taking away alot of the control the user has when playing the game.

NubianHoneii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
ooh yes I love downloading new hair and clothes. And I make them have babies all the time lol

LOL! When I was pregnant with my son earlier this year I made all my Sim ladies go through multiple pregnancies.... hey, If I have to be miserable so do you!

I've been playing the Sims since the first one came out like in 2000 or so. I've probably invested $500+ into all the games collectively. It has come so far! I remember when the stork used to deliver all the babies and the game wasn't as dynamic as it is now. I've even sped up the process of getting a new computer just so I'll have it when the Sims 3 comes out! I can't wait. This time you won't have to call the cab/get in your car to leave your house. It's even more life like without being too serious. I think that's the reason I love the Sims. It's life ... with zombies, plant people, man eating plants, and death by satellite
tong.gif

thelove4tequila

I used to be totally addicted! I actually want to play again but I cannot get into it as I used to. I'm curious about The Sims 3 also.

Brittni

Wow, The Sims 3?! Crazy!

I used to LOVE downloading extra objects/clothes/hair. Then I got Sims 2 and it wouldn't install on my computer, that sucked. So I have it still unplayed. I should load it up on this laptop for something to do!

Anyone play The Sims Online? That was cool, too... although a lot of people on it were older and I was like 17 when I played. haha. But I heard it's shut down now... sad!!!

AvantGardeDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisone
I micro-manage my sims' lives. I refuse to let my cute sims marry ugly Maxis made townies.

I do this, too. Every time my husband is playing and he's looking for a partner, he always manages to date the ugliest maxis-made townies. I'm just like "Ew, change her face!" but he refuses because he doesn't like to "cheat", even though I catch him every now and then.

I also like to design my house around one or two views, that way I don't have to constantly be turning all around the house just to see if my Sims are doing what I told them to do. Especially because my houses are always huge, or small but on a rather large lot so it's always a little slow.

I had high hopes for the Sims 3 but I highly doubt I will try it. I've read a lot about it and it really doesn't give you as much control. For example, I read that as you play with one family, other Sims that you've created will continue living their lives and age without you. I think that's what turns me off about it the most. I like that it would allow you to explore the whole neighborhood without having to load certain places, but the other downside is just too annoying for me. Not to mention that it probably wouldn't be able to run efficiently with the Sims 2 taking up space on the computer. One of them would just have to go.

Ms.Matashi

I do but I play when I have time which is between semesters like now. I have found myself mostly addicted to downloading, decorating, and creating Sims. I still am behind on buying the expansion packs but the only ones I really want is Open for Business and maybe Apartment life. I may get the Sims3 when it comes out but I still haven't got all into playing the Sims2 like I want to.
Here is one of my Sims;Brandon. I have a thing for freckles so I tend to create a lot of my Sims with freckles.

2140985339_5262985b04_o.png

Arisone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvantGardeDoll
I read that as you play with one family, other Sims that you've created will continue living their lives and age without you. I think that's what turns me off about it the most.

This turns me off too. If I'm playing one lot I don't want my other sim marrying or getting knocked up by one of those fugly townies *shudders* or setting the house on fire. And the sims in the trailer look to "baby-ish" with their round chubby faces.

Ms. Matashi your sim is very cute. I love freckles on my sims as well especially on the red heads and children.

One of my fav sims.

Sims2EP72008-08-1122-00-12-74.jpg

Unfortunately I lost him in a crash.

pianohno

THIS HAS GOT ME SO EXCITED ! Finally, some people who share my two loves - make up and the sims!
th_DANCE.gif

AvantGardeDoll

By the way, for those of you that do download, make sure NOT to pay for custom content. All paysites are pretty much illegal and there is a community that is dedicated to buying these custom items and setting them up in their archive for others to download as well.

The website:
PAYSITES MUST BE DESTROYED!

If you've ever wanted a certain item to download but didn't want to pay, they'll most likely have it on there. They also have subscriber-only content from TSR (The Sims Resource). There's also the pirate forum (the link is on the website) but I suggest reading the rules if you plan to join because these are very picky people xD

Enjoy!
amuse.gif

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Matashi
I do but I play when I have time which is between semesters like now. I have found myself mostly addicted to downloading, decorating, and creating Sims. I still am behind on buying the expansion packs but the only ones I really want is Open for Business and maybe Apartment life. I may get the Sims3 when it comes out but I still haven't got all into playing the Sims2 like I want to.
Here is one of my Sims;Brandon. I have a thing for freckles so I tend to create a lot of my Sims with freckles.

2140985339_5262985b04_o.png

Oi, oi Brandon's lookin' kinda nice
greengrin.gif
lol How did you create such a good looking sim? mine always look same-ish and boring..hmm =/

I get sooo addicted to this game but weirdly enough i get bored of it within a few days; i haven't played it for a few months now i just get so bored. I think it may have to do with the cheating lol, but i can't help it
nope.gif