Anyone remember Spanish Fly lippie?

jmgjwd

I was going thru my stash and rediscovered this lippie...and I still have no idea how to wear it? It just looks green on me...Any ideas/combos would be appreicated!! TIA

MAC_Whore

For those who don't remember, here's the colour description: Spanish Fly - warm brown overlaid with a silver-green iridescence.

It's a colour that I always loved in the tube, but I could never make it work like I wanted it to on me.

I don't really remember what I had tried with it and B2Md it a long time ago. If I had to guess, I would say that any pink LG would help to cancel out the green. A Lustreglass might be good as it would be slightly see through so the Spanish Fly would still show through a bit. Have you tried Flashmode or Pink Karat Lustreglass over it?

Ernie

I actually still have this, it reminds me of green brown pigment in a lipstick version. How about topping it with a peach gloss? It's nice with the new dazzleglass, Local Colour over it.

MzzRach

Spanish Fly - now there is an original lipstick! I agree with the others that putting a coloured gloss over it makes it much more wearable than just "straight up" on the lips.

jmgjwd

Oohh, thank you! I have flashmode & will try it...I'm just getting into the dazzleglasses so I'll check out local color

MAC_Whore

Palatial Lustreglasss (now DCd) might be nice. It is a muted medium rose with green pearl. I think the green in base that Spanish Fly gives you would cancel out the green pearl in Palatial and the pink in it would pop.

II3rinII

funny. alady came in the store a few weeks ago with a tube of it, wanting to replace it cuz it was her fave. but i told we really had nothing like it (unless she wanted to put club eyeshadow on her lips hahaha). she was pretty bummed, until i offered to scoop out the remaining amount and put it in a sample cup for her. well thats my spanish fly story.

jmgjwd

thanks for all the recs!!! I also have Lovedust and Bronx lippies and have yet to find a use for those but just can't bring myself to get rid of them

kathyp

I'm feeling very old school. I think I actually wore this back in the day.

Quote:
unless she wanted to put club eyeshadow on her lips

Totally club in lipstick form.

aziajs

The only thing that was even remotely close was the one from Fafi....what was it called???? High Top! (Had to go look it up) but the texture wasn't as smooth as Spanish Fly. Anywho, I got High Top and a MA (MelodyKat) suggested Totally It lipglass over it which is hot pink. It was pretty but it changed the color and did cancel out the green.