Anything similar to MAC shadesticks?

hnich

I love Mac shadesticks, because of the lasting power and (at first) blendability. But most of all because of the amazing color enhancing. Of course, they break really easy, and dry up quick, and worst of all are pretty pricey....does anyone know of cheap alternatives? I go through them pretty quick, so I just require something that really enhances color, I don't mind if they break pretty quick
thanks for any help!

amoona

There's paints but I don't personally like those. I'm all about shadesticks! Never had any problem with them. UDPP is good too, I use it too but I love my shadesticks and always wear my shadesticks over my UDPP.

hnich

thanks for the reply
No I definetly did not like paints...didn't blend well, and didn't make the colors underneath look too nice....
I don't have a problem with creasing anymore since I started using MoM as a primer, so I don't need UDPP
So I just need something to increase color payoff?
I heard once that NYX jumbo pencils might work good, but has anyone tried anything like that?

hnich

They can even be used as lipstick?? I'm in love with these things even without trying them! I'll definetly buy one and try it out

Kiseki

I wonder if NARS Multiples could be as versatile as Shadesticks, although they're more expensive.

hnich

Ok, I bought some of the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils to try..beautiful. They have rich color, go on super smooth (unlike many shadesticks) and really enhance color
not as much variety as I'd like though!
I tried NYC's eyeshadow wand in white, wasn't impressed, couldn't get the color to smooth out on my lids or to enhance the color underneath (I was trying for a pure-white look), it also seemed much too creamy, I think it would crease easily

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
I wonder if NARS Multiples could be as versatile as Shadesticks, although they're more expensive.

Well, from my experience, having waaay too many multiples in my stash,
lol.gif
they are fabulous for a cheek color, or highlighter. when you try to use them for lipstick... too drying.... eyeshadow or base for eyeshadow, you get that dreaded creasing/pleating look by midday. And I don't tend to have that issue otherwise. Yuck.

I am a paints girl through and through. I love stilife and pixel, and use them quite regularly. I have never tried shadesticks... should I?!
graucho.gif

Sonya Adams

Although I adore my Shadesticks, there's a couple of colors they just don't offer... for those, of all things, I go to MaryKate and Ashley - they make "Shimmersticks" and "Glittersticks" (these big fat pencils... strike that, HUUUUGE fat pencils (they have their own specific sharpener because they're so fat). They tend to last longer because they're a bit harder than the Shadesticks and they have a nice light feel that can be layered (also like the Shadesticks). I use a beige and a pink Shimmertick every couple of days. They ROCK!!!

The Glittersticks also have small, but chunky glitter in them, so they provide coverage AND a layer of glitter all in one (sometimes I put them under and then again over the shadows for more glitter effect).