Application of Strobe Cream and Beauty Powder

gitts

Hi Guys,

I am fascinated by these two products but am not sure how to use them and if they are worth buying. Can you guys give me some ideas? Also which of the beauty powders would be best for my complexion is they are worth purchasing?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

bartp

Strobe Cream has a slight pinkish pearl finish. It's not frosty and completely melts together with someone's complexion. It won't give you colour, just a glow. You can use it all over your face and add foundation on top of it. Or you can mix your liquid foundation with it, to get a more sheer result.

As for the Beauty Powders. those are fabulous. If you need to make a choice between the Strobe Cream and the Beauty Powders, then I'd go for the Beauty Powders. The warmer colors will probably suit your complexion best:

- drizzlegold
- sunspill

will be great for you. None of the powders are really frosty, so you might even consider experimenting with lighter colours like Dancing Light, if you really want to go for extra glamour.

have fun, and if you want to go all the way, I think StudioLights SmoothSpice will be better than Strobe Cream, in your case.

alehoney

i wonder if there is any picture on here that can show what difference strobe cream makes on someone without foundation just to see the effect it has... i have been curious about this product for a while
greengrin.gif

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehoney
i wonder if there is any picture on here that can show what difference strobe cream makes on someone without foundation just to see the effect it has... i have been curious about this product for a while
greengrin.gif

I'd love to see this as well, since I've been curious about strobe cream for some time now. Also curious as to how to use the iridescent powders.

gitts

I purchased the sunspill and softflame on the MUA's recommendation. I decided to forego the strobe cream for now. I have tested them on my hand and they look glorious. The MUA said to use them as highlighters and on my nose. I just have not figured out when to use them.

silverbelle282

i have strobe cream, it brightens and gives you a glow when you put it all over your face, alone or under concealers and/or foundations. do NOT make my mistake and use it like that when you'll be taking pictures. i looked SO washed out it was scary.

i say get that strobe cream, you're going to want to reach for it on sucky skin days, or for when you want an easy hilighter (browbone, cheekbone, nose etc)

Girl about town

i don't have any pics but strobe cream is great under foundation. i think the shearer your foundation the better it looks. It doesn't give a big glittery face,just a subtle glow , it works as a good primer as well.

gitts

I will definitely rethink the strobe cream now but one thing I noticed as I looked at my face today after wearing makeup for about 6 hours, my pores especially on my cheeks were very visible. Since coming to specktra, I examine my makeup a lot more now and I was shocked to see them looking so big. I will get a tester of the strobe cream and try it first. Maybe it will not magnify these too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle282
i have strobe cream, it brightens and gives you a glow when you put it all over your face, alone or under concealers and/or foundations. do NOT make my mistake and use it like that when you'll be taking pictures. i looked SO washed out it was scary.

i say get that strobe cream, you're going to want to reach for it on sucky skin days, or for when you want an easy hilighter (browbone, cheekbone, nose etc)