Applying Bronzer tips/tricks

MizzTropical

Do you have any?
winkiss.gif

ForgetRegret

I use a big fluffy brush and apply it to my hairline, temples, nose, apples of my cheeks, and my chin...blending is the key, obviously. ...and nothing too shimmery...I've been using the Illamasqua duo, and although there's some shimmer in it, it's not really obvious once you put it on your skin...it's just enough to give you a nice, healthy glow. For day-to-day makeup, I use the darker of the two colors as a contour, and the lighter as a sun-kissed highlight. Really lovely. HTH!

gildedangel

In my mind the two biggest mistakes one can make in applying bronzer is applying too much and applying it all over your face. Bronzer is not foundation. I apply bronzer only to my forehead, nose, and cheekbones (like where the sun would hit your face).

ForgetRegret

^^ Agreed. I want to take a baby wipe to girls who put bronzer ALL over their face...like 'honey, I'm sorry, but that does NOT look good'. Whoever told them they could put bronzer on their whole face to fake a tan was just wrong.

HoneyDip

I like using a bronzer that's matte and without any reddish tone to it. For that kind of product I love Smashbox's bronzer in Suntan Matte. I don't think shimmery colors work good as a contour color. Normally I would use an angled blush brush or for a more chiseled look I dip the edge of a flat top brush in my compact and put it right under my cheekbones, then blend it out with the MAC109.
I also go lightly over my temples, forhead n little bit over my jawline with a fluffy brush.

For special occasions I like using NARS Multiple (bronzer in a stick form), to give me some extra contour in the places mentioned above. It blends nicely with a more dense brush or even with your fingers.

LMD84

the bigger and fluffier the brush the better! i use the 134 brush for bronzer because it's fluffy yet also a little flat which means i can be more presise if i need to be. i just use the classic '3' method of bronzing. i'm sure there are lots of youtube videos showing you how to do this.

also i prefer matte bronzers rather than shimmer ones.

gigiopolis

I use a fluffy Ecotools powder brush, and CARGO matte bronzer in medium. I start at the temples of my forehead, sweep it onto my cheekbones, then onto my jaw in the shape of a "3". Then I use any remaining bronzer on my brush to lightly dust my forehead, chin and nose. Then, if I feel like it I'll take a smaller, denser brush to contour my cheekbones with the bronzer.

Took me a long time to really "get" bronzer, but now that I've learned how to use it, it's a total breeze!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i just use the classic '3' method of bronzing. i'm sure there are lots of youtube videos showing you how to do this.

I do mine the same way. I use a matte or slightly shimmery bronzer, but matte is my fave.