Applying for job at MAC

sugaxbayb

I have been interested in working for MAC for as long as I can remember. Im currently in school for Aesthetics & even though its not based just on Makeup Artistry, we still learn it. I just started my program & wont be graduating until April. I already have a Cosmetelogy & Esthetics certification from this at home course I took last year while finishing off highschool. Would that be good qualifications to get into MAC?!

I unfortunatly do not have any job experience for whatever reason I dont know. I apply for jobs time & time again & barely get to even the interveiw :[ My biggest dream is to work for MAC. My product knowledge is amateur level & im pretty good at applying makeup on others. I have no portfolio & I plan to go back to school next year for pure Makeup Artistry.

Can I apply & have a chance of getting in?! Or should I wait till later on?!

.VivaDiva.

When working for MAC you will be working a retail position so selling ability and a winning attitude is what count's... product knowledge you will be trained on anyways. I'm sure there are people who have been offered positions without the retail exp but I don't know how common that is. The chance's of you being hired right now are probable especially with Christmas around the corner but having some sort of employment history (based around sales) will be lot better for you.

There are a TON of threads on this subject there is even a new forum titled 'Working for MAC' so definitely do a search.

~VD

sugaxbayb

Quote:
Originally Posted by .VivaDiva.
When working for MAC you will be working a retail position so selling ability and a winning attitude is what count's... product knowledge you will be trained on anyways. I'm sure there are people who have been offered positions without the retail exp but I don't know how common that is. The chance's of you being hired right now are probable especially with Christmas around the corner but having some sort of employment history (based around sales) will be lot better for you.

There are a TON of threads on this subject there is even a new forum titled 'Working for MAC' so definitely do a search.

~VD

With my program, I believe we are learning how to sell products as we soon will be working with actual clients. I think I will apply & see what happens, what do I have to loose? If not hired, I`ll try again later. I`ve always been told to keep applying cause some places will see your eagerness to work there. I will search the other threads on this topic, thank you for your advice!