Apricot Pink v. Goldenaire

glamella

Has anyone seen Apricot Pink IRL yet? I'd love to know how it compares to Goldenaire. I have both Goldenaire and Deckchair, and I wanted to know if A.P is too similar.

brokenplaything

i swatched it already, and I think they are quite different....
although deckchair nd goldenaire..damn...too similar those two

glamella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
is apricot pink very pink? do you have pics of your swatches?

Yes, I 'd love to see pics. I really want a pigment that is a more pink version of Jest. I hope this is what I'm looking for
smiles.gif

roxybc

I think most people forget that swatches of all 3 of the new pigments were posted a few months ago, so I'll post it in this thread. To me spricot pink looks pretty similar to both Deckchair and Goldenaire. I have deckchair and returned goldenaire because it was so similar to deckchair. Anyways, here are the swatches from another thread compliments of iiifugazi

sweetiecake4.jpg

And here is a pic of Deckchair and Goldenaire (over frostlite fluidline) from Son_Risa's gallery site:

pigments3.jpg

Shawna

Yeah, I saw the swatches irl yesterday again and I still say that apricot pink looks a lot like goldenaire or deckchair. Now, not having my pigments with me, I couldn't compare, but the MA said herself that both apricot pink and lily white are very similar to other pigments. The only one that they don't have anything similar to is pinked mauve.

mellimello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Yeah, I saw the swatches irl yesterday again and I still say that apricot pink looks a lot like goldenaire or deckchair. Now, not having my pigments with me, I couldn't compare, but the MA said herself that both apricot pink and lily white are very similar to other pigments. The only one that they don't have anything similar to is pinked mauve.

This makes me happy to hear since I probably won't buy Apricot Pink or Lily White. Whew my bank account isn't going to be hurt as much as I thought, hahaha.
smiles.gif

midnightlouise

Hmm. Now the trick is going to be trying to talk myself out of buying it anyway lol! I'm a sucker for LE pigments, even if it does look like something I already have. (although Goldenaire doesn't really look like Deckchair on me. Goldenaire is way more pink. Go figure!)

Auryane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstars
what pigment is Lily White close to?

That's what I want to know too! The only thing I can think of is provence, but that has a very different texture.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
Hmm. Now the trick is going to be trying to talk myself out of buying it anyway lol! I'm a sucker for LE pigments, even if it does look like something I already have. (although Goldenaire doesn't really look like Deckchair on me. Goldenaire is way more pink. Go figure!)

ITA I am still going to buy it. I am such a sucker!

lemurian

Goldenaire is LE, yes, but it was rather recently released with Lingerie, and presumably is still available in some stores. It still goes for a reasonable (near retail) price on ebay
smiles.gif

Shawna

Goldenaire and deckchair look completely different on me. Deckchair is a nice warm frosty orange/pink and goldenaire (my love) is tan/pink/gold on me. Both are worth having in my opinion and in fact, I bought a backup of goldenaire because I love it so much. And I can pretty much guarantee that apricot pink will be mine too because I love that kind of shade.

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
ITA I am still going to buy it. I am such a sucker!

Me too - I'm such a little pigment whore!

mandirigma

i kinda have to disagree man...

apricot pink is a deeper pink than goldenaire definitely (goldenaire and deckchair look nearly identical on me -- wicked frosty and i hate it, but i keep them in my toolbox anyway, lol), but lighter and more toned down than fuschia pigment. it's so fricken pretty that i think i'm going to buy a back-up next week.

user3

If you check in the Swatch gallery there a comparison of them in the jars taken by our lovely member Gloriamgo

glamella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
If you check in the Swatch gallery there a comparison of them in the jars taken by our lovely member Gloriamgo

Thanks!! Looks definitely more pink, which is what I wanted. The pinked mauve is so pretty.

user79

Hmmm I'll have to see this in person. In the jar the Apricot one looks really pink but maybe it's more peachy on the skin. I really like Goldenaire though...I might get one of them.