Archetype Cosmetics

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by downloadstone
It seems like her TAT is slipping again too. A couple of people I know ordered a few weeks back and haven't heard a damn thing.

That lasted long! But then again, it always does with her, doesn't it?

euphrosyne_rose

Well, just another update...

I placed an order about 2 weeks ago just to see for myself how the new shipping was going and I ordered 3 samples of foundation and my 3 free samples. You could've knocked me over with a feather when about ONE week later I had my order and not only did I get what I ordered, but 4 samples instead of 3.

HOWEVER...I still have not heard anything about my order from December, nor have I received it. I have gotten no reply to my emails at the other email address and at this point, I think it's just a lost cause. At least it was only 1 item but it's still really shitty that I never got it, never got an answer about it or even any acknowledgement that they got my emails. Even if they had told me they never got the order I would've been happy b/c it would be SOME sort of response.

I really liked the foundation sample I got and the sample eye pigments were, as usual, to die for. I just don't know if I want to keep ordering. I'm glad they've revamped their shipping and all, but the CS still sucks lemons.
nonono.gif

Teggy

Fortunately for me, I haven't had any horror stories with Archetype, but I only order 1-2 times a year, and I tend to not order a lot. However, I'd heard a lot of complaints from gals on the BPAL boards about unanswered emails and claim disputes. It's a damn shame because Holly's pigments are fantastic, and have converted me away from mainstream eyeshadows.

I just wish she'd hire someone to handle the makeup business because it seems like she's not interested in it at all.

nebbish

After reading everything about this company, I think it's incredibly sad how poor the CS is. I mean, if doing this isn't your full-time job, I think at this point you shouldn't be doing it. It obviously takes a lot to run a business, it's not a half-assed job & everything I'm seeing about this Holly person says she's running her business half-assed. Not answering e-mails & taking MONTHS to ship orders? That's ridiculous. I'll definitely never order from Archetype, which is a shame cos some of the colors are gorgeous!

jenjunsan

I had ordered back at the beginning of the summer and got my order really fast and the colors were beautiful, so I thought maybe she had improved since the issues everyone else had. I really liked the foundation, so about 5 weeks ago I made another order. I haven't received anything and no response to 3 emails. Looks like CS is falling by the wayside again. UGH!

LorraineER

I ordered in the beginning of August. I got a notice a month ago from paypal with a tracking number but it hadn't actually shipped yet. I've emailed 5 times and haven't gotten any replies from either the gmail or hotmail addresses. :/ I really just want my order at this point. I didn't know any of this about her customer service issues before I placed the order and I also didn't realize that I only had 45 days to file a dispute because I've never once had a problem in all my years buying through ebay and more recently, ordering from indie makeup companies. It's my fault for not realizing about the dispute time-frame though. However nice the product may be, I don't think it's worth all the BS to *maybe* even get it.

IonadhTalamh

HI everyone! :) I know this is my very first post on Specktra, but I've been kind of a lurker, for the past few months. :p Anyway.
Earlier this year, I had placed two orders to Archetype. The first, via credit card and not PayPal (I had done no research prior to ordering...big mistake). I had ordered it April 20th, getting the package May 13th...everything was in it. The second time I ordered it was the end of June, and this time I used my brain and went through PayPal. :p I got a tracking number for it, about early July, and it didn't move until a week later. My package arrived three days after moving, with everything in it.
During both of these orders, I've sent at least five emails total, and had not received a response.
A few friends and I decided to go in on a huge group order, and we ordered on October 4th. On October 30th, a tracking number was sent to my email (aka the shipping label was printed). It's the 12th, and still no movement. :(
I was wondering if anybody has any luck with calling Holly? I just tried to call twice, and it rang three times, to go to a message that said something along the lines of "If you are hearing this message, we are on the other line. Please leave a message, and we'll get back to you." I'll definitely keep trying to call...but has anybody else had any luck? :(

HI everyone! :) I know this is my very first post on Specktra, but I've been kind of a lurker, for the past few months. :p Anyway.

Earlier this year, I had placed two orders to Archetype. The first, via credit card and not PayPal (I had done no research prior to ordering...big mistake). I had ordered it April 20th, getting the package May 13th...everything was in it. The second time I ordered it was the end of June, and this time I used my brain and went through PayPal. :p I got a tracking number for it, about early July, and it didn't move until a week later. My package arrived three days after moving, with everything in it.

During both of these orders, I've sent at least five emails total, and had not received a response.
A few friends and I decided to go in on a huge group order, and we ordered on October 4th. On October 30th, a tracking number was sent to my email (aka the shipping label was printed). It's the 12th, and still no movement. :(

I was wondering if anybody has any luck with calling Holly? I just tried to call twice, and it rang three times, to go to a message that said something along the lines of "If you are hearing this message, we are on the other line. Please leave a message, and we'll get back to you." I'll definitely keep trying to call...but has anybody else had any luck? :(

LorraineER

I got my Archetype order 18 days after my last post above. So, I ordered in the first week of August and got my order October 20th. That's not horrible compared to what I've seen from other people on here but with no communication from the seller it seemed like a very long time. Even just an email to say it was delayed but would be sent out would have helped me feel more at ease about the whole thing. The colors I did get are really pretty but there's enough other companies that have similar shadows and great customer service to order from so I don't feel like I'm missing out by not ordering from Archetype again. Fyrinnae ,Meow, Morgana's Cryptoria,Dreamworld, Evil Shades,High Voltage and HiFi all offer great shadows and other products, have excellent customer service and ship much faster than Archetype.

IonadhTalamh

@ LorraineER: So glad to hear that you got your order! :3 I completely agree with the CS thing...even a quick email stating that the order was delayed would've been great. :( It's so frustrating: this company could have a lot of potiental, but throws it away with non-existent CS.

@ jenjunsan: Oh no, that's awful. :( Have you tried calling Holly? :) After I got off the phone with her, my order came the following weekend.

Forewarning: this post is going to be a little long. :p

The last time I posted, I was trying to call Holly. I called about seven times...five of those, their automated messaged came on after three rings. Then, the other two times Holly was on break. I tried one more time and shockingly enough, Holly answered. I explained who I was and why I was calling, telling her that I had made an Archetype order and was wondering why the tracking number hadn't moved. Holly told me that she couldn't check at that time (I think they were closing?), but would call me the next day (Sunday) and let me know. Sure enough, she called me the next day. She told me that she was working on orders at the beginning of October, and that she was just filling my order two nights before! (But had no explanation why it was taking so long.) I admitted to her that the 45th day (the upcoming Wednesday) after ordering was coming up, and I didn't want to file a dispute...I really wanted the items. She told me she understood, and was thankful that I ordered from her. Holly also told me that she would send my order out Wednesday (the last day to file a dispute, of course), and that it was going to ship Priority. We both said bye, and hung up.

Sure enough, she did send it out that Wednesday, and it arrived Saturday. :) All the samples and jars that my friends and I had bought were throw into a paper bag, that was wrapped in tissue paper. Not very safe, IMO. The majority of the order was there...I'm missing five samples, and one of the full size jars is the wrong size (more on that, in a minute). The jars were, err, odd? I'm not sure what the correct word would be. :p It was weird: some jars had plastic seals on top of the jars, others did not. Those with the plastic seal, the sifter was super loose...I could just pull it right off. As for those without the plastic seal, the sifter inside was super tight, like they were suppose to do. It was super inconsistence. :( The amount in all of the jars was so not worth it, either. If I had to guess, the amount in the jars were the same amount as about seven samples. There wasn't that much. :( Seven samples equal $1.75, while a small jar is worth $3.50. The samples are half the price of the jar. Definitely not worth it.

The order did come with about six extra samples, which is weird for some of them. For example, a friend and I each ordered a sample of Integra's Dog II. Three samples ended up coming with the order. Yet, some of the samples that we ordered two of, only one came? Does that make any sense?

As for the missing items, every since they've arrived, I've tried calling Holly three times (I've been a bit busy, and keep forgetting :$), and the last time, a lady named Kelly answered. I gave her my phone number and name, and told her why I was calling (I simply told her "It's about Archetype"). It called her on Saturday...there hasn't been a call back yet. I'm going to give her until Saturday to call. And if not, I'm going to try to call again Sunday. I really want those missing items. :( If she was going to take long enough to fill the order, then she should at least get it right. :(

With all that said, I really do love the majority of the colors I got. :) I'm not entirely sure if I'll be ordering from Archetype again. :( Their colors are divine, but I'm not sure all the hassle is worth it.

Latest posts