Are all aquacreams created equal??

Haven

Some of the ladies at Sephora told me that I could use all of the aquacreams anywhere that I want. They also said that the eyes & cheeks vs. eyes & lips categories should be considered recommendations b/c all aquacreams are basically the same formula. So is it safe to use a cheek & lip aquacream on the eyes or vice versa? Thanks!

TaRaNeeM

the multipurpose Aqua Cream can be applied on your lips, cheeks and eyes.
Shades #5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are formulated for the Lips & Cheeks.
Shades #1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, and 22 are formulated for the Eyes & Cheeks.

^
on the MUFE website :)

Haven

Thanks! I was wondering though if the two categories are simply recommendations for use and are # 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 safe to use on the eye area. safe to use on eyes aressas

LMD84

Thanks! I was wondering though if the two categories are simply recommendations for use and are # 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 safe to use on the eye area. safe to use on eyes aressas
i get what you mean. i just assumed that the cheek and lip ones were not ok to use on the eyes. but now that i think about it perhaps they are but just reccomended for the cheeks and lips. maybe the sephora staff are right? :)

Romina1

Ignoring the recommendation, I've used a cheeks-lips one on my eyes. I think it is #5, several times. Nothing happened, it feels the same as my eye aqua creams.

Nicala

Its only a rec. The problem with some of the cheek/lip products is that the pigment (reds/pinks specifically) isn't exactly eye safe. So they're not approved for eyes, however, some don't have issues with those on their eyes. I guess the only thing you can do is try and make sure you dont have a reaction if you put it on your eye!

Mabelle

^ That's exactly it. So many people have allergies to red dyes, so they are not considered "eye safe" for everyone... but then neither would no. 92 or 56.

This is the exact reason sephora.com doesn't have the aqua cream no. 19 (the beautful purple), there is too much red in it, thus could cause a reaction and not eye safe enough for Sephora standards.

Yea, apparently red dyes come from an insect, a beetle I believe, so it MIGHT irritate your eyes, but I too have never had a problem.