Are the 226 and 131 brushes essential to a brush collection?

catemoody

Is the 226 nessissary for another blending brush when I already own
217 x 2

does it make much of a difference in blending colours together without over blending like the 224 can do?

and is the 131 nessisarry also when I own a 187 and 188

or are these brushes just LE gimicks I will fall for?
th_confused_new.gif

what is everyones opinions on these brushes if you are an avid brush collector?

gildedangel

Personally, I think that the 226 is a must-have if you can afford it, it is a very different blending brush than the ones you mentioned. The 131 maybe not so much, but that depends on what you would use it for. If you already have a 187 and a 188 and you don't want a 131 that badly you could probably skip it.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Personally, I think that the 226 is a must-have if you can afford it, it is a very different blending brush than the ones you mentioned. The 131 maybe not so much, but that depends on what you would use it for. If you already have a 187 and a 188 and you don't want a 131 that badly you could probably skip it.

I completely agree. The 226 is unique to the MAC brush line. There is no other crease/blending brush that is that small or that tapered.

The 131 isn't essential. If you have the 187 that will suffice. If you don't have the 187, I would recommend purchasing it over the 131.

HeavenLeiBlu

If you have an unusual crease or problems blending with other brushes, the 226 is a MUST HAVE. I got it the first go round and now I gotta have a back up. I'm so glad it's back, and I hope they make it permanent so I can get a few more when my funds are right.

minnie_moo

The 226 is fantastic, definitely a must have
smiles.gif
The 131 hasn't impressed me so far- I much prefer my 187- but maybe I just need to practise!

GlamQueen21

The 226 is the best blending brush ever! If you have the 187 and the 188 brushes, you can either get the 131 brush or you can skip it. It depends if you want a precise brush for your MSFs and MB.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I completely agree. The 226 is unique to the MAC brush line. There is no other crease/blending brush that is that small or that tapered.

The 131 isn't essential. If you have the 187 that will suffice. If you don't have the 187, I would recommend purchasing it over the 131.

iagree.gif

The 226 is a must have in my opinion.

The 131 is a great brush as well, but more for someone who wants a wide range of brushes
winks.gif

Blushbaby

I ended up getting the 131 and that'll be used just for MSF application so I can leave my 187 free for my foundation. I used it last week and was very pleased with its performance. It's not a "must have" though. I'll get another 187 for my blushcremes too.

I haven't used my 226 yet but I really like the look and feel of it. I may get a back up it.

MzzRach

226 is amazing!! The 131 is "nice to have" but I do not think it is essential, especially if you have the 187 or 188.

ForgetRegret

You neeeeeeeeeed the 226! 131 not so much, but there's nothing like the 226...the 223 came close, it's nice and small, but doesn't give you as defined of a look as the 226 does.

akcmommy

I'm going to swim against the tide. I do not like the 226. I think that it is too stiff. I don't like the look that I get from it. I much prefer the 222.

I have the 187 & 188. I LOVE the 131. I've been using it to apply my foundation. I'm ready to give the 188 back. Having the 131 has made the 188 useless to me.

malaviKat

I recently picked up the 226 as I think it's a good "nice to have" brush. TBH I haven't yet used it (but then I haven't really been wearing makeup as of late). I can see it being beneficial though if you want to do really precise crease work or you have small lids.

The 131 (IMO) isn't particularly necessary but seems like a nice to have. To be honest... I barely even use my 187 (I use a 189/190 or a 109 for foundation depending on formula and something else entirely for blush) so I saw no need to have the 131. However, if you tend to love your 187 and see the benefit of the dual-fibre then perhaps it would be helpful to you.
smiles.gif