Are these all fakes?

User38

ssad.gif

rockin

Wow, she claims the Superglasses are Bloomingdales shelf pulls "and were delivered with the store return stickers still in place"

I find this hard to believe. She has offered to send me photographic evidence of this

rockin

She claims the Superglasses are Bloomingdales shelf pulls "and were delivered with the store return stickers still in place"

I find this hard to believe. She has offered to send me photographic evidence of this. It won't prove that the one she sent me was from Bloomingdales though, will it? There's no sign of a sticker having been removed.

Vixstar

Sorry to see your bad news - and yes, you're right - when they're lined up you can really see the differences in the Superglass.

I've got a fair few pigments from 2004/05 and none of them have shiny lids I'm afraid.

I recently had a similar experience on eBay buying fluidline from someone with 5000+ positive feedback. It's definitely fake (hologram on box, wrong font on label, and the product when tested -on paper of course, not my poor face!- was like sticky shoe polish). Unfortunately, I didn't look at the box properly until weeks after buying so it was too late to do anything about it - chalked up to experience though.

Get your money back and put this one down to a lesson learned. Thanks for the pictures, that will help us all to learn :)

rockin

I posted it all back to her Special Delivery (due to the value) yesterday, and have this morning received a PayPal payment for the full amount including return postage 'under distance selling regulations' and 'without prejudice'. She didn't do it as refunds of the individual transactions, though, which I find strange, as I believe she would have recouped her PayPal fees if she had done it as refunds.

Anyway, I will not be purchasing anything else from her, or from anyone who is selling what appears to be the same range of products, since there is every chance they got their stock from the same place. I will also avoid allcosmeticswholesale in case she really did get her stock from there.

angi

I posted it all back to her Special Delivery (due to the value) yesterday, and have this morning received a PayPal payment for the full amount including return postage 'under distance selling regulations' and 'without prejudice'. She didn't do it as refunds of the individual transactions, though, which I find strange, as I believe she would have recouped her PayPal fees if she had done it as refunds.

Anyway, I will not be purchasing anything else from her, or from anyone who is selling what appears to be the same range of products, since there is every chance they got their stock from the same place. I will also avoid allcosmeticswholesale in case she really did get her stock from there.
It's true, she could have recouped her paypal fees if she had simply refunded you (and also her ebay fees if she had put in a request to cancel transaction). However, it does tend to be a matter of time to do so. Ebay is absolutely awful for sellers in terms of sorting out issues and I would think it was just too much effort to try and recoup costs, given the likely quantity of items she sells/ refunds on a day to day basis.

I'm glad that it all got sorted out for you, and hope that you manage to find the items elsewhere at a decent price, and thanks for letting us know!

LMD84

i am so pleased that you got a refund from her. that's a shame about allcosmeticswholesale though. i have bought from there many times over the years and everything i have had is legit.

rockin

Of course I only have her word for it that she bought the items from allcosmeticswholesale. I'll never know for sure, but it is obviously going to make me doubt ACW. I have read one or two other posts about people receiving fake goods from ACW (although most have said they've received genuine goods), so I suppose it's possible.

First she told me that she got all her MAC from ACW, but then she told me the Superglass was a Bloomingdales shelf pull. Surely a shelf pull from there would have gone to a CCO, not ACW? Admittedly they could buy from a CCO, but I can't see how they or she could make a profit that way

LMD84

Of course I only have her word for it that she bought the items from allcosmeticswholesale. I'll never know for sure, but it is obviously going to make me doubt ACW. I have read one or two other posts about people receiving fake goods from ACW (although most have said they've received genuine goods), so I suppose it's possible.

First she told me that she got all her MAC from ACW, but then she told me the Superglass was a Bloomingdales shelf pull. Surely a shelf pull from there would have gone to a CCO, not ACW? Admittedly they could buy from a CCO, but I can't see how they or she could make a profit that way
who knows? i would have thought that the bloomies gloss would have been sent to a cco. but maybe not all products go there? all quite odd!

BellaItalia1969

I agree with Angi,my SilverAB3 pigment which was bought pre 2006 has matte lid....hope you got all your money back Rockin x

Thank you both for your help and advice. You're right, angi - I don't see how she could make a profit buying from them and selling on, especially as she doesn't charge postage herself.

I will indeed return them all, and she has agreed to pay the return postage. I will charge the camera up and take lots of photographs first, though.

Oh, and she says she is also a member of Specktra.

rockin

I don't believe it!

I left neutral feedback (thought it was fairer than negative since I did get a full refund) stating that it was fake and that I'd received a full refund. She replied that it was my opinion based on 'inaccurate' information from an online forum. I replied to that stating that it was in fact based on comparisons with the genuine article.

She has somehow had the feedback removed by ebay, even though I did not use bad language and said nothing that was untrue. I didn't think she could do this?

BellaItalia1969

hmmm you know i think because she gave you a refund,and requested removal of feedback as the transaction was refunded....recently a buyer did not pay and i filed UID,feedback was suspended for me and the buyer.Its obvious to me that she hasn't seen a pre 2006 Mac pigment,these have deffo matte lids!

LMD84

I don't believe it!

I left neutral feedback (thought it was fairer than negative since I did get a full refund) stating that it was fake and that I'd received a full refund. She replied that it was my opinion based on 'inaccurate' information from an online forum. I replied to that stating that it was in fact based on comparisons with the genuine article.

She has somehow had the feedback removed by ebay, even though I did not use bad language and said nothing that was untrue. I didn't think she could do this?
wow! that freaking sucks! what a bitch!

Vixstar

I don't believe it!

That's terrible. I'd report it to eBay, if that's possible?

BellaItalia1969

It does sucks and whats more i would not buy from anyone who is so quick to have their feedback removed,especially a feedback that was constructive and factual !
noworry.gif