Are these authentic items?

Wannabe Junkie

I would really appreciate some expert help. I was bought some items for my birthday. I know they came from ebay and know the name of the seller. On the whole the packaging looks ok but something about the labels seems a little off.

I have Jest and Blackberry eyeshadow plus the lipstick Cosmo

IMG_7467.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

The writing on this looks slightly yellow rather than white.

Lid view
IMG_7468.jpg

IMG_7450.jpg

Cosmo lipstick
IMG_7471.jpg

With this, I was worried about the type face and the fact that it says Amplified rather than Amplified Creme. As with the eyeshadow, nothing else about the packaging looks suspect.

Do you think these are fakes or is it just old packaging? I'm trying to sell some things but these make me feel a little nervous.
Thanks in advance x

Pinky & Poodle

I bought some fake eyeshadows from a UK seller, they had a yellow tone in the labels, like these...

The shop was Spoil me Princess or something like that

Wannabe Junkie

Thanks Pinky & Poodle. How else could you tell the eyeshadows were fake? It's only the labels which make me concerned. The pans, lids, MAC logo on the lid are all fine. I wondered if there was a way to tell for certain? The ebay seller that my sister bought these from was called Moonflower.

Pinky & Poodle

I could feel that that MAC imprint on top of the pot felt different, and then I check where the lid is attached to the bottom, there was a tiny differens.
Also the little thing that goes "click" when you close the lid, was a tiny bit more rounded than the real ones.

I tried to depot mine without heat, and that was nearly impossible. I was sure they were fake when I cut in the plastic, it was much harder than the real thing.

Wannabe Junkie

Thanks so much. I'll have a poke around some more. I called MAC customer care and was told that even if they are authentic the eyeshadows are out of date as the batch indicates 2006 manufacture.

The lipstick is in date and this definitely looks less dubious. I do hate ebay, I never buy anything from there but it's so easy for people not in the know to get duped
ssad.gif

User38

They look fake to me, sorry
ssad.gif

MAC original packaging for ES always have a raised print on the bottom: Registered design Makeup Art Cosmetics LTd. There is also a code number on the other side -- the size is miniscule but you can feel it with your fingers.

This should be on all original MAC products. Your first ES looks ok, but the 2nd seems wrong -- the label seems wrong, it should be black and the print is wrong too.

Wannabe Junkie

I'm resigned to the fact that they're fake. I really appreciate all your help, I certainly can't sell these. Not sure what to do with them really apart from bin them. It's so sad, my sister was trying to do something lovely, buying me a present that I wanted. I feel angry that people like her get ripped off.

I'm particularly cross as the ebay seller mentions everything being authentic and I wouldn't necessarily look and think that looks like a scam. In fact I thought it looked like a lot of it was from a CCO (lots of EL group stuff). As I say, it just re-inforces why I won't buy from ebay
ssad.gif

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
This should be on all original MAC products. Your first ES looks ok, but the 2nd seems wrong -- the label seems wrong, it should be black and the print is wrong too.

Sorry, I'm just re-reading your message. Both of the eyeshadow labels are black and I can see from the picture there's a code - HT1 on the opposite side to the Makeup Art Cosmetics LTd. I suppose it doesn't matter as I know even if they are genuine they are out of date!!

Was it the Cosmo lipstick label that you were thinking is wrong, that's the picture at the bottom with the silver label?

I'm not sure with the lipstick whether it is or it isn't a fake. The particular thing that worries me about this is that the shade is slightly different to the other Cosmo I have (bought from MAC directly). Having checked the genuine article I now realise they do say Amplified, not Amplified Creme.