Are these brushes fake?

MaskedBeauty

mac and mac Brushes set of 24 for $50 Liquidator Blow out special Perfect gift f

What do you ladies think?? Are these brushes fake??
th_dunno.gif

MaskedBeauty

I thought so. lol. thank you. Now that I think about it I purchased a brush set off ebay last year, an eight piece set. and i'm pretty sure after reading some posts in the counterfeit MAC section that theyre fake. A couple of them have "Japan" in black on the end of the brush.
ssad.gif

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
I thought so. lol. thank you. Now that I think about it I purchased a brush set off ebay last year, an eight piece set. and i'm pretty sure after reading some posts in the counterfeit MAC section that theyre fake. A couple of them have "Japan" in black on the end of the brush.
ssad.gif

I have authentic MAC brushes that say Japan. And another that says France. But I always bought mine from the stores. :/

Makeup Emporium

There are a ton of 8 pc, 11 pc, 25 pc, 32 pc sets etc. on EBay that are all fake. Chances are yours may be as well. Was it one of the 8 pc sets that are being sold with the black brush carrier? Those are fake.

FYI, just because a MAC brush says Japan does not mean it's a fake. MAC makes it's brushes in France, Japan, USA and China. So depending on the brush there will be a different country of origin noted on the brush. There are also a few of the brushes (some of the made in the USA ones) that sometimes don't have a country of origin stamped. I have seen the 209, 190 and 116 all without country of origin stamps.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Ridiculously fake, a lot of those brushes do not exist. Plus the quality looks shoddy.

agreed horribly fake!

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
There are a ton of 8 pc, 11 pc, 25 pc, 32 pc sets etc. on EBay that are all fake. Chances are yours may be as well. Was it one of the 8 pc sets that are being sold with the black brush carrier? Those are fake.

FYI, just because a MAC brush says Japan does not mean it's a fake. MAC makes it's brushes in France, Japan, USA and China. So depending on the brush there will be a different country of origin noted on the brush. There are also a few of the brushes (some of the made in the USA ones) that sometimes don't have a country of origin stamped. I have seen the 209, 190 and 116 all without country of origin stamps.

ssad.gif
yea, mine came with the black carrying case that zips up. Poo.
thmbdn.gif
angry.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
ssad.gif
yea, mine came with the black carrying case that zips up. Poo.
thmbdn.gif
angry.gif

Sorry to hear that...those are fake.
thmbdn.gif
They are unfortunately all over EBay.