Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I notice that the Eclipse collection has no lip products. That seems odd, so I'm wondering if there will be a small lip-oriented collection around the same time. Sort of the way they did they Eye Tints and Fuchsia Maharajah in the Spring. I've actually been wondering if they're planning to re-launch the Rouge d'Armani formula, to make it more distinct from the REs.

ashievic

I picked up a good size sample of shade #2 yesterday in the wonder foundation. Once I was in real light, the #1 shade does appear more ashen, with the #2 shade actually lighter in color with pink undertones. The biggest difference I and my Mom have found is the softness of your face when you are washing it. The weather continues to suck in Chicago, furnace still running. It will be awhile before I can see how this works in warmer weather.

I will take pics of these two samples once I get my act together today.

ashievic

Top photo Shade 2 on left, Shade 1 on right

Bottom photo Shade 1 on top, Shade 2 on bottom

Really like this formula, sun actually came out, so we shall see how it goes....

peanut

Really like this formula, sun actually came out, so we shall see how it goes....
Wow, I'm really surprised by #1! I thought it would be far lighter than #2. Just out of curiosity, which do you find a better match and what shades do you normally wear? And how does your mom like shade #1? I applied #2 on the left half of my face and #3 on the right, and I really couldn't tell much difference. And yet still I want a perfect match!! lol!

ashievic

I wear shade 3 in Maestro, and in Luminous Silk I wear shade 3 with a 1/2 pump of Fluid Sheer #2. The same for my Mom. We both decided that shade #2 was a better match for Pink Casper's. Shade 1 really looks ashen when in person when compared to 2. It seems to have become common the lightest shade in foundation regardless who makes it, Aucoin, Armani except for Dior which 01 is perfect for us. Anyway, the lightest shade is for Casper's without the pink undertones. YSL does have the BR shades, but in the States BR10 has gone away. Yet, BR 20 in in the YSL Ink foundation is a good fit.

I did my Mom's face in half 1 and half 2. Waited to see if anyone said or noticed. Sure enough one of the hubby's of a neighbor told my Mom she had some dirt on face, on the side 1 was on. Says a lot when a guy notices a difference. Neither of us need any concealer when using this product. For my Mom to cover those good ole age spots, she just puts a put more on in those areas after she has applied all over her face first. Again, small amount is all you need. Those tiny jars I got can easily last for a month if used everyday for each jar.

Your face is so soft and all I use in the morning is sun screen then this. Yes, I usually skip the serum step. So I guess the cost does make sense if you can skip moisturizer.

ashievic

Wow, I'm really surprised by #1! I thought it would be far lighter than #2. Just out of curiosity, which do you find a better match and what shades do you normally wear? And how does your mom like shade #1? I applied #2 on the left half of my face and #3 on the right, and I really couldn't tell much difference. And yet still I want a perfect match!! lol!
For 200.00 it should be awesome and perfect match!!!!!

ashievic

Final thoughts on the new foundation. I am going to purchase in #2. Yes, still needed furnace this morning, but it did get warmer as the day went. I am getting ready to depart for my summer of living in airports, forests, and on the bus. The container is not travel friendly. Since I am hoarder of empty eye cream jars (don't tell, please). I can scoop out and put in these jars. Can get through the airport with no issue. If I fill to the top, each jar should last at least 6-8 weeks if not longer.

As well as make my routine in BFI easier. Yes, even when you are sweating your butt off, and temp is high, due to location, as well as the heat from the wild fire. Moisturizer is still needed. Got my Mom to take her first selfie, of course she can't figure out how to post it....once I get the photo I will post it. Her skin looks awesome, but then it always does.....good genes. No work done.

beautycool

19265b8d_image.jpeg
My first armani foundation I love it not tried it again today But I had a brilliant time up in London yesterday and that I went into selfridges London and went to look at the armani counter where this man make up artist was and asked me if I needed any help I had said I have heard a few things about armani Bronzer and foundations He matched me up and I said only a little bit please he said let me out it all over too I said no I was worried ( as I had been to the Estée Lauder counter in debs like a hour be hoer and the foundation she put on my face made me feel feeling more shit :( She didn't out it on properly she put foundation straight on my face without no prep) Anyhows he put foundation all over and I said it looks really nice which it did And then he said let me out a touch of eyeshadows and do brows I said no thank you He said you seen the foundation u trust me and I said yes then I said ok Lol I was very warey still but tried to relax He did it and was brill not too in my face very light And also he put the bronzer on by using both colours I have the list of colours he used Think he said the 100 bronzer no good for me as it looked off The number 4 foundation he said maybe I could get away with it But he said made me look grey or greeny looking I don't know didn't take much notice At the end of my look before I bought the foundation. He walked me over to the window Through the Louis vitton bit lol me looking quickly at the bags As I walk behind him I can so recommended him Love him brilliant :) Took him like five to ten mins to put my foundation on not like 30-45 mins as it did in debs He said just a tiny amount and he asked if I put it on with brush or fingers I said I'm not sure maybe fingers And he told me how to apply it but mmm I cannot remember but he said a pump size or something too much lol My sister had her lips done by himtoo she didn't want to and I said yep she will don't be shy lol He asked me if I wanted any lippy or lipglosss I said no thanks ( I told him my lips were small enough and need Botox lol ) he said I didn't obviously he say that lol I didn't want him to try n attempt my lips as my lips slant on the right :( He recommended me 400 ? I think a red A Ferrari red he said Very popular tried it on my hand then he held it up to my lip And said yes defo looks nice So I'm having to try that at some point :) I felt like a million dollars leaving selfridges yesterday :) I left with a smile in my face :) Well done to him :)

patentg33k

Quote: Originally Posted by bunnypoet

That's the one! This should have been priced at $150 at the most. I still love the texture but can't plunk down that much cash for foundation.

I realize that this isn't much help, but GA does have 20% F&F from time to time. So that should lower this to $160.

Of course, if it were $150, that would then be $120, which is sort of in the range of other premium lines that combine skin care with foundation (By Terry, for ex). A more comfortable price point, once you are in the $100ish range, that doesn't seem like a huge stretch.

In other words, I totally agree with you on this.

ashievic

Really don't want to be a Debbie Downer.....this MIGHT be a European release first, as we will get it late August. I have reached out to those who would know. Should have an answer by mid week. As well as some products, we won't get in the States. I have NO definite info either way. Just going on past experiences with Mr. Armani. I am basing this on, someone who should know, knew nothing about this collection.

In a few weeks is the conclave in Dallas for ALL new releases through holiday 2015. Yes, once I know you will all know what is coming!!!!

Medgal07

Really don't want to be a Debbie Downer.....this MIGHT be a European release first, as we will get it late August. I have reached out to those who would know. Should have an answer by mid week. As well as some products, we won't get in the States. I have NO definite info either way. Just going on past experiences with Mr. Armani. I am basing this on, someone who should know, knew nothing about this collection.

In a few weeks is the conclave in Dallas for ALL new releases through holiday 2015. Yes, once I know you will all know what is coming!!!!
thmbup.gif
Thanks so much Ash----you're an amazing informant!!!

beautycool

so what shade of foundation did you get? 
Sorry just getting ready to go out with a quick drink with my hubby and my bestie whom I'm not going to see for another few months prob :( It's luminous silk number 5 Hun Maestro and all this other foundation and silk don't mean nowt to me But that's what he put on me suppose it's not a heavy one right but can have more for more coverage maybe I don't know I just put a little on me it's great My mums place is pretty dark I won't know how I like it till I see it out side lol Which when he put it on it looked great x So smooth so easy to put on love it tbh

ashievic

so what shade of foundation did you get?
Sorry just getting ready to go out with a quick drink with my hubby and my bestie whom I'm not going to see for another few months prob
ssad.gif

It's luminous silk number 5 Hun

Maestro and all this other foundation and silk don't mean nowt to me
But that's what he put on me suppose it's not a heavy one right but can have more for more coverage maybe I don't know
I just put a little on me it's great
My mums place is pretty dark
I won't know how I like it till I see it out side lol
Which when he put it on it looked great x
So smooth so easy to put on love it tbh
For me, in the hotter months this is too heavy. Which is why I ever got the Maestro. You might want to try the Fluid sheer to add a half pump to the foundation of the back of your hand. Regardless, remember this was meant to FIRST warmed up on the back of your hand, as in swirl around and then dab on your face. I use my fingers to apply, then go over LIGHTLY with the Artis brush oval #8. These brushes are now sold in the store on online at NM. Resigned for NM. So the head doesn't snap off. Since I am so pale I use Fluid Sheer #2. It does add just lovely punch to the look. A MA from Armani in Paris showed me this trick. You can use this with any of their foundation products.

Dior Nude Air and YSL Ink Fusion foundation have improved the concept of Maestro. Remember for those who own Maestro, it MIGHT explode if you fly with it. Please consider placing in a zip lock bag in case this happens. Don't know how Dior fixed this problem since the dropper looks the same as Maestro, but don't have the messiness from the Maestro in general with Dior Nude Air. Yes, I own all 3, plus the one you got. Which I do love.

ashievic

Mama in shade #2 of the new foundation, blush is Dior the more pinky one Tie Dye, yes name escaping me. CT cream eye shadows, Chanel lip gloss, TF brow, no concealer. Just spf 50 Chanel and magic foundation.Yes, she is 60....