Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I started with just one, but I think I need Shadow (that was next up for me anyhow), Gold Ashes (seems perfect for an effortless eye), and Rose Ashes.
Rose Ashes was my first and, despite fierce competition, is still my favorite. Works as a neutral, but has a breathtaking duo-chrome.

Medgal07

Rose Ashes was my first and, despite fierce competition, is still my favorite. Works as a neutral, but has a breathtaking duo-chrome.
So, so tempting. I can always break my own rules. Eight is a nice even number
greengrin.gif

starletta8

Sold.

But not immediately... I've already exceeded my budget for these 2 weeks on makeup, clothes, accessories, shoes, etc- all the good stuff in life! I bought shoes, which ate up a huge chunk in my budget...

beautycool

I know how you feel We lost my stepdad like within 6 months didn't expect him to pass :( well so soon either I just want him to be able to see my three year old and give me a hug We burried him then two days later I had my baby :( so sad Was suppose to get ready to have a baby but instead was planning a funeral And moving and before that during my pregnancy I was driving him to chemo or docs etc Why o why I ask myself I will never get that answer it's hurt me so much but I learn to live with it Sorry for your loss and anyone else whom lost a parent it's hard so hard I'm not going to lie . ️I miss him badly so so much Hubby dad passed 11 years ago now Missed out on his first grand child 2011 :( My toddler looks up in the sky and says there's the grandad star x :) he knows they are resting in the cemmetray where they are over the side from each other in the same cemmetray so that is a lot of comfort :)

ashievic

I think Gold Ashes might be too much like Bette from CT. Are the YSL version OK? They have gray, which seem lacking in most of the cream shadow rage going on.

I didn't purchase any of the CT ones since they're so similar to the TF creams, which I'm tragically allergic to. The YSL versions seem very patchy and sheer. See: http://www.reallyree.com/2015/05/ysl-full-metal-shadow-review-swatches.html.
I have found the CT ones much creamer, softer, and easier to blend. Nothing like Mr. Ford's.

ashievic

Haven't taken the plunge yet!!!! I am thinking Shadow and Flannel might be good to START with..
I've heard good things about Flannel. I love Obsidian (Deepened Black) for it's ease in making traditional smokey eyes.
Got Mr. Ford's Black Oyster. Not sure there is a need for 2 black cream shadows.

ashievic

I didn't purchase any of the CT ones since they're so similar to the TF creams, which I'm tragically allergic to. The YSL versions seem very patchy and sheer. See: http://www.reallyree.com/2015/05/ysl-full-metal-shadow-review-swatches.html.
YSL seemed to miss the mark on their's------I didn't consider them because I had recently purchased the Armani Eye Tints.
To me, they are way too frosty, like disco balls!!!!

ashievic

I think Gold Ashes might be too much like Bette from CT. Are the YSL version OK? They have gray, which seem lacking in most of the cream shadow rage going on.
I was thinking Bette appears darker than Gold Ashes.
Bette can be soft and light or more depth. I use the fluffy blending brush to apply. Just a dap, and it provides a nice base, add more and it becomes whatever you want it to be.

Medgal07

Sold.

But not immediately... I've already exceeded my budget for these 2 weeks on makeup, clothes, accessories, shoes, etc- all the good stuff in life! I bought shoes, which ate up a huge chunk in my budget...
Yay for buying makeup, clothes, accessories, shoes, etc---- all the goos stuff in life
drinkup.gif

Medgal07

NO Judgement... but I agree you need 8... lol which ones do you have?

LOL
Émeraude #4 (Emerald Green)
Green Iron (Olive Bronze)#6
Meniut (Deep Navy) #2
Obsidian (Deepened Black) #1 (wearing this today---fastest tradition smokey eye ever!!!)
Onyx (Golden Olive) #5
Senso (Bronzy Brown)#10
Shadow (Light Purple) # 7 (just arrived today)
yahoo.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sold.

That's why it's awesome when a company launches permanent products!!! (At least semi-permanent. Nothing is that permanent.)

I had a bit of a "whoa" moment this afternoon. I was passing one of my Armani counters, which always involves stopping, looking, finding something that I want. In this case, they FINALLY got the third Rouge Ecstasy from the Fuchsia Maharajah collection- #511. I'm definitely going back for that. But they still have the Runway Capsule collection hanging out. So just for fun, I thought I'd try the lipstick on. The SA was insistent that I not just try it on its own, though, because she said it was really versatile, which was why it was a good lipstick. So first she put it on over the lipstick I was wearing- Nars Jeanne. It gave a gorgeous, dewy golden highlight that I had to admit that I really liked. Then she applied it over a very subtle, warm lip pencil, which she said was better than just putting it on over bare lips. Again, looked surprisingly nice, although not really "me". Then she applied it as a highlighter on my cheeks, which was startlingly pretty and lasted through the 38C (100F) heat for a couple of hours until I got home.

So now I'm wondering about that one. When I was thinking of it as just a lipstick, it wasn't that interesting. Having seen it as a lip "top coat" and a cheek highlighter, I'm kind of curious.

I need to stop hanging around my Armani counter...

ashievic

[COLOR=0000FF] So, so tempting. I can always break my own rules. Eight is a nice even number:D [/COLOR]
You don't even like makeup rules, so heck yeah lol
Last time I checked, there are no makeup police. Although I do know some people should be issued tickets for poor application.

Latest posts