Armani Discussion

maeonsaturday

Just tried ETK in Rose Popillia. The pink didn't last though. It completely disappeared so quickly. Is there a method to make it look more pigmented or am I supposed to apply it wet?

ashievic

i just got email from ups armani shipped it. it will be here on friday
Oh that's GREAT!!!
Mine will be here today!!! Along with YSL and the glitter spark of MAC. It cracks me up all of these companies seem to have a distribution center in the same area. As in Memphis. Which is super for me!!! A 2 day ship to get to Chicago. I j just cam back from stupid hot, as in where I was sent it was 112. Had to ride a bike 4 miles in it, ugh. Then I went to 96 and humidity out your eyes, and now back in Chicago. Still the same. furnace in the morning, a/c by late afternoon.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just tried ETK in Rose Popillia. The pink didn't last though. It completely disappeared so quickly. Is there a method to make it look more pigmented or am I supposed to apply it wet?
Hm. I didn't have that happen, so I can't be sure, but applying EtK wet does intensify the colour, so it would probably help.

Monsy

Mine will be here today!!! Along with YSL and the glitter spark of MAC. It cracks me up all of these companies seem to have a distribution center in the same area. As in Memphis. Which is super for me!!! A 2 day ship to get to Chicago. I j just cam back from stupid hot, as in where I was sent it was 112. Had to ride a bike 4 miles in it, ugh. Then I went to 96 and humidity out your eyes, and now back in Chicago. Still the same. furnace in the morning, a/c by late afternoon.
yes mac is in Kentucky and these other two loreal in Memphis

i hate this june weather i hate it. muggy humid and damn rain all the time

maeonsaturday

Hm. I didn't have that happen, so I can't be sure, but applying EtK wet does intensify the colour, so it would probably help.
OK I just came home and realize the pink is there, albeit faded but still visible. But when I'm outside it just likes zero color - like the color of my eye primer except with sparkle, yikes. Will try with color next time.

Have you tried the eye tint Flannel? Is it a similar effect?

ashievic

The Crema Nera supreme recovery oil just arrived. Will have to wait for Mama to try....Got a hefty size eye makeup remover as a free gift. Finally something I can use!!!!

Medgal07

My YSL goodies are here and I haven't yet opened the box---I guess it's time to hop to it!!!
th_happy1.gif
That's quite a high temp you were in---glad you're back safe & sound Ash!!!

maeonsaturday

I finally tried Rose Popillia on one eye and Eye Tint Flannel on the other. While I can see why some might say they are a dupe - the color of the pink itself is quite similar, but the effect is really not the same. Flannel's texture makes the pink more consistent over the lid, Rose Popillia's pink is more random on the eye and the effect looks more jewel-like. It's kinda like sweet vs sexy, haha.

Still, I'm wondering whether to return Flannel or give it away to a friend.

I'd really like to hear your opinions. Has anyone here tried both on their eyelids? Thoughts?

beauteblogueur

I finally tried Rose Popillia on one eye and Eye Tint Flannel on the other. While I can see why some might say they are a dupe - the color of the pink itself is quite similar, but the effect is really not the same. Flannel's texture makes the pink more consistent over the lid, Rose Popillia's pink is more random on the eye and the effect looks more jewel-like. It's kinda like sweet vs sexy, haha.

Still, I'm wondering whether to return Flannel or give it away to a friend.

I'd really like to hear your opinions. Has anyone here tried both on their eyelids? Thoughts?
Rose Popilla definitely has a shimmery duo-chrome quality that makes it stand out a lot more. Flannel is just a much more subdued version. I actually really like Flannel as a base shade, but I probably could have skipped.

ashievic

Remember, there are no rules in makeup. The makeup police will not issue tickets for being creative. They do give tickets for bad applications. Makeup does wash off, so go play and see what works for you. Have fun, this is not brain surgery. One of the college girls took eyeliner pencils and liquid liner and draw the feathers of the Blackhawk's on her cheek. It was incredible. She also took some powder shadow and it was just well done!!!!

If I tried to do that, it would have been a mess!!!! I would keep what you have, wait until the Fall goodies are released. The Flannel might compliment the Chanel and the new Armani shades, and the YSL five pan coming out. Since burgundy, wines, purples are the rage for Fall. Flannel might be a perfect little touch to these.

ashievic

Update on the Crema Nera Recovery oil. No directions on how to apply. Of course lots of hot air about how wonderful it is in the paper tucked in it. It does have a clear bottom, so unlike Chanel serum, you will know when it is about to run out. My Mom said she felt she was using olive oil on her face, in a good way. It was absorbed quickly, not an oil slick. My Mom does not have dry skin, pretty normal skin type. Then she searched for info on how to apply. Why does Armani think promos of flowing fabric answers any questions?

Then of course there is the science of oil first, then moisturizer or the other way around. Blowing the cobwebs off we both remembered, but to be really sure, we reached out to big brother. He said, oil first, then moisturizer. As in the cream base would build a barrier and the oil would lay on top and not be absorbed into the skin. He said to think of asphalt recently sealed. Then when it rains the water just sits on top of the asphalt. He said when treating trees, you always apply the oil product first. Yes, the tree doctor is in the house....

Then how much to use, again no directions. So she went for three drops. So the lack of directions for application seriously suck considering the product costs 410.00. Will let you know if she feels it is worth it as the days go by.

maeonsaturday

Anyone has both Senso and Charlotte Tilbury's Mona Lisa? What's the main difference between the two? I only have the latter (so far).

Monsy

it's nice gwp . brush is decent size to have it for touch ups. and very soft. gloss i do not care about. but i am glad about the mascara and eye makeup remover. and a super tiny sample of the primer because i wanted to try it (or better said buy it)

Latest posts