Armani Discussion

ashievic

Random, but I jus received my Luminous Silk foundation in 11.5!!!!! Excited to see how it works for me
Did you go for a sheer too to mix??? It makes a huge difference. Obviously being a shade 3 and the sheer 2 would not work for you. But it just adds that special boost to make a good product great. Remember this is meant to be warmed up on the back of hand before applying. Learned that from a international MUA from Armani, along with the 1/2 pump of the fluid sheer. One pump is all you need for the silk.

ashievic

I was living with one yuck head he took my Chanel lipstick and wrote disgusting words on all the mirrors in our place. Then he smashed my blush, eyeshadows, and dipped my brushes in oil paint. I have learned from Boyfriends Past. Never again, burn my clothes, do not touch my makeup.
icon_eek.gif
I'm assuming you ran him over with your car? Because I would have run him over with my car and then driven myself to the police station and told them I did it! What a twat!
It was tempting. I just waited and then nailed him when he least expected it. Revenge is a dish best served cold, as Shakespeare wrote.

ashievic

So my mini-haul of Maharajah Fuchsia goodies came today. Sort of. They were sent in three separate shipments, and the lip gloss and nail polish are fine. I open the package with the Rouge Ecstasy and the Rouge D'Armani and pull out... two Clinique lipsticks. I seriously saw red for a sec. So I took a deep breath and called them, and they're supposedly going to send me the right lippies. With upgraded shipping. But for real, though... the boxes look nothing alike. SMH
that seriously sucks. But I think Armani/YSL and Clinque are all owned by the same company. Hence there is one distribution center probably is where all the products from all the lines are stored and sent out from.

Monsy

Did you go for a sheer too to mix??? It makes a huge difference. Obviously being a shade 3 and the sheer 2 would not work for you. But it just adds that special boost to make a good product great. Remember this is meant to be warmed up on the back of hand before applying. Learned that from a international MUA from Armani, along with the 1/2 pump of the fluid sheer. One pump is all you need for the silk.
great tip
I am planning on getting luminous silk in 4 and then would love to mix it for more glow with sheer 2

Monsy

I have ever growing armani list
luminous silk
fluid sheer 2
blushes 305 and 503
gloss 102
maestro summer (maybe?)

thud.gif

ashievic

I have ever growing armani list
luminous silk
fluid sheer 2
blushes 305 and 503
gloss 102
maestro summer (maybe?)

thud.gif
you will love those blushes. I have them!!! I don't know what Maestro Summer is??? Never really got in the 100's glosses. Might need to take a look next week when I go down to Neiman's.

Monsy

http://cafemakeup.com/2014/06/04/giorgio-armani-maestro-liquid-summer-bronzer-review/

I have one of the old blushes and two bronzers. Everything is outstanding.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Once again, my counter had samples of the Maharajah collection, but only inside glass displays. No testers. I found one of the Rouge d'Armani lippies sitting in packaging on a counter, but I didn't know whether it was supposed to be a tester or not. I'm a little concerned because the promo images they got only have the RdA lipstick, one gloss and one polish showing. I need to make it to the good counter ASAP. They'll be able to help me. I did get to swatch the Runway collection and was tempted by the palette (the lipstick is the weirdest colour I've ever seen against my skin). Unfortunately, when I asked the SA the price, it's $185 Canadian. She told me that with a straight face and everything. If I wanted it that badly, it would be cheaper to order it from the U.S. and pay shipping.

Medgal07

I did get to swatch the Runway collection and was tempted by the palette (the lipstick is the weirdest colour I've ever seen against my skin). Unfortunately, when I asked the SA the price, it's $185 Canadian. She told me that with a straight face and everything. If I wanted it that badly, it would be cheaper to order it from the U.S. and pay shipping.
icon_eek.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I looked at Armani products for the first time in a while - geez, they raised the prices a good bit.
001_unsure.gif

Icecaramellatte

has anyone tried maestro summer ?
I bought this last year and didn't really use it. Unfortunately the color is too close to my natural skin color to have much impact. It did have some shimmer to it. I keep meaning to try it with my paler winter skin but always forget about it. I"m Nc43 in Mac and between a 8 and a 10 in Luminous Silk foundation.

Icecaramellatte

I stopped by Nordies today to check out the EL counter and saw the Maharajah collection there. I was so surprised. I looked at the Garconne Fatale lipstick and it hadn't even been used yet. I looked around and didn't see the counter manager I don't care for so when the EL SA went to the Armani counter to ring me up, I told her to grab Garconne Fatale lipstick and the pink gloss. I still don't know if it looks too much like my other Armani plum lipstick but I couldn't stop thinking about it so . . .

Maybe the collection will be online soon.

Oh and my runway lipstick hasn't arrived yet. It's taking forever.

DLuxJessica

My Maharajah Rouge Ecstasy and Rouge D'Armani came yesterday, finally. They're certainly not unique colors, but at least they're different enough (the swatches on here are spot on, btw- the RE is warmer) that I could justify keeping both, and I love a good saturated, vibrant pink lip.

dvdiest

I finally tried my RE 512 today. LOVE. It is the perfect shade of cool fucshia on me. I immediately thought about getting a backup, but I don't need a backup of ANY lipstick! Any I probably have shades similar, but it is very pretty.

EDIT: I don't need a backup, since I just tried RE 511 and they are more similar that I thought. For some reason, I thought 511 might be lighter because the gloss is so much lighter. But I love both anyway!

katred

Specktra Bestie
So having checked out both my Armani counters, I've determined that neither of them got the full collection, at least not yet. I grabbed a few things: RE 512- Maharajah RE 604- Garconne Fatale RdA 513- Maharajah So far, I've only worn 512, but I really love it. The RdA is probably the more unique if the two maharajahs, but I really like the RE as a more everyday bright lip. I'm annoyed that the lighter pink lipstick hasn't shown up anywhere. Might still go back for one or more of the glosses, all of which are here. So far, it's living up to my fuchsia dreams.

DLuxJessica

I'm annoyed that the lighter pink lipstick hasn't shown up anywhere. Might still go back for one or more of the glosses, all of which are here. So far, it's living up to my fuchsia dreams.
RE 512 is an amazing everyday bright, but I wore the RdA 513 yesterday and it caught my eye every time I caught a glimpse of my reflection. And as it slowly blotted down, it turned into SUCH a pretty stain.

dvdiest

I'm annoyed that the lighter pink lipstick hasn't shown up anywhere. Might still go back for one or more of the glosses, all of which are here. So far, it's living up to my fuchsia dreams.
Hi Katred. If by the lighter pink lipstick, you are referring to the RE 511, my experience is that it isn't much lighter! It seemed maybe a little bluer and just a hint lighter than the RE 512, but still quite bright on me. The 511 gloss is quite a bit lighter pink, so I was surprised by the actual color of RE 511.

I also got the RdA 513 after the SA assured me that it was totally different from the previous 513 (I can't remember when the original 513 was released). I haven't compared the colors yet, maybe this weekend. I also got the white base in the hopes that it will make me love the nail polishes, but haven't tried that either. I think I have the whole collection now!

Medgal07

Awesome Katred!!! All great colors for you---love you in brights. I was doing a little late night insomniac browsing when a very aggressive RE Maharajah jumped into my cart, and to the best of my memory I completed that transaction----should be here any day now.
ohboy.gif

Latest posts