asian girls: no eyelids

ExquisiteImages

You can use an eyeliner to draw on eyelid creases. I have pictures if you would like to see them. Just PM me
smiles.gif

juli

wooooo can u post em here?? I am curious. TIA. if not possible thats fine as well
smiles.gif

lara

Asian women have eyelids, but a percentage don't have creases.
winks.gif

Don't draw in an artifical crease unles the client asks for it. It always looks stupid and the client looks ridiculous.

I honestly prefer working on uncreased Asian eyes above and beond every other eye shape. It's supremely elegant in shape, and not having to factor in for a hood or crease means that I can do some really gorgeous designs and colour themes.
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
winks.gif

Don't draw in an artifical crease unles the client asks for it. It always looks stupid and the client looks ridiculous.

smiles.gif

lmao.gif
lmao.gif

Calhoune

I have one eye with a crease, a pretty big one at that, and one eye without (50% asian 50% european does that to you I guess)

The only real difference though is that I have to go up higher on the lid with the colors on the asian eye then on the other.
If I for example do a smokey eye, applying shadow one the same places, it will all disappear in my asian eye when I close it :confused:
So I just have to dare to go up a bit higher on that side with the color even if it seems silly when you apply it, it looks good closed
smiles.gif

asnbrb

I have no crease whatsoever and I place my makeup like macnatic's. I absolutely hate it when a MA tries to create a crease on me (they put tons and tons of dark eyeshadow right below my browbone and make a "v" shape-- I'm sorry, but it ends up looking quite odd and not at all like me.

If I"m doing a smoky eye, instead of putting eyeshadow in the "crease", I place more color on the outer corner and smudge it out.

Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
winks.gif

I honestly prefer working on uncreased Asian eyes above and beond every other eye shape. It's supremely elegant in shape, and not having to factor in for a hood or crease means that I can do some really gorgeous designs and colour themes.
smiles.gif

Exactly.

geeko

but i always like girls with nice creases and deep set eyes...sigh!

the grass is always greener in the other field

meiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
I have no crease whatsoever and I place my makeup like macnatic's. I absolutely hate it when a MA tries to create a crease on me (they put tons and tons of dark eyeshadow right below my browbone and make a "v" shape-- I'm sorry, but it ends up looking quite odd and not at all like me.

If I"m doing a smoky eye, instead of putting eyeshadow in the "crease", I place more color on the outer corner and smudge it out.

ditto that's exactly what i do! the fake crease doesnt look real, and doesnt flatter my eyes. i feel it makes mine look bruised.

BlahWah

As most have posted, not creating a crease is the best way to go. One thing I tried before is having a light, contrasting colour below the browbone where the crease would be, but more as a wash of colour, not to create a crease. Like, if I used peach/orange on the lid (going light-to-dark from inner-to-outer), I'd do a wash of light purple (Kitschmas? Mancatcher?) above it on the outer 2/3's, then finish with a highlighter. Other combos are green lids and peach wash, and blue lids and gold wash.

I can't say that it'd work for every Asian, just what I've tried out before on myself. Alas, I've still tried to "create" a crease sometimes, but it's such a wrong road to go down!

geeko

i guess that we gotta make the best of what we have =(

The grass will always be greener on the other field in everyone's eyes.

i'm contemplating of going for a double eyelid surgery...must save the $$$$ first

juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnatic
i guess that we gotta make the best of what we have =(

The grass will always be greener on the other field in everyone's eyes.

i'm contemplating of going for a double eyelid surgery...must save the $$$$ first

My thoughts exactly. U know what tho? I heard that cutting the skin/eyelid from the corner of the eye then pull it up to create the crease gives more natural look then just creating the crease from the start of eyelid. This make eyes look bigger with more natural look of man made crease. Not well known procedure in US but def. popular one in major asian countries. I did lotta research/ saw before & after procedure pics of the double eyelid ordeal. sigh...

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyarorain
I have one eye with a crease, a pretty big one at that, and one eye without (50% asian 50% european does that to you I guess)

The only real difference though is that I have to go up higher on the lid with the colors on the asian eye then on the other.
If I for example do a smokey eye, applying shadow one the same places, it will all disappear in my asian eye when I close it :confused:
So I just have to dare to go up a bit higher on that side with the color even if it seems silly when you apply it, it looks good closed
smiles.gif

thanks for that becuase i have the smae thing (1 eye w/ crease one w/out) and i never know what to do!

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
thanks for that becuase i have the smae thing (1 eye w/ crease one w/out) and i never know what to do!

I know my cousin had the same problem and she would actually flip her eyelid and glue it in place with eyelash glue to get the crease. Don't ask me the specifics cause it just yucked me out just hearing about it, but as she got older, the crease stayed. (She's 25 now, I believe)