Asian hairstyle question.

sensuelle

does anyone have any suggestions/ pictures for light skinned asian NC20 im looking for color/highlights and style. I prefer waist length hair styles but if there are any really flattering styles that'd be awesome.

Beauty Mark

If your hair is anything like mine, you'll want it in long layers or else, it gets too heavy. The stylist should be able to play with angling to suit your face. You can also add bangs.

For highlights, caramel brown highlights. I think red can look too severe, and blonde doesn't look natural. Brown is what my hair naturally goes in the summer, so I figure that's the best.

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
If your hair is anything like mine, you'll want it in long layers or else, it gets too heavy. The stylist should be able to play with angling to suit your face. You can also add bangs.

For highlights, caramel brown highlights. I think red can look too severe, and blonde doesn't look natural. Brown is what my hair naturally goes in the summer, so I figure that's the best.

I totally agree!

xbeatofangelx

My hair is very straight and fine, so I have it layered just past shoulder length. I think long hair tends to make people look younger and shorter. When I first got highlights, they were reddish brown but in about 2 weeks they faded to a golden honey color. The hairstylist told me that Asian hair doesn't hold red dye very well - also make sure that you get thick, blocky highlights, unless you're using blonde - then it's better to do very thin, close together highlights.

Good luck!