authentic glitter with frosted sticker

sleepyhead

i think you guys might be interested in this.

i got a jar of reflects bronze glitter from the toronto pro store on sunday. the label on the bottom of the jar was frosted instead of smooth, and it doesn't have a batch number stamped/printed on it. on the sticker on the bottom of the box, it says N/A right above the bar code (usually there's nothing or the batch number).

while i was there, i got a jar of turquoise glitter as well (they've sold out of reflects turquatic since forever!), it had the usual clear sticker, but no batch number either (N/A printed on the box)

here's a picture of the bottom of the jar if anyone's interested

rb.jpg

so... apparently not all pigments/glitters with frosted stickers are fake. very confusing...

panda0410

The glitters never have batch numbers - well none of mine do anyway and I have a few of the older reflects glitters as well as some of the standard glitters. That frosty label is something worth considering though!!!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The glitters never have batch numbers - well none of mine do anyway and I have a few of the older reflects glitters as well as some of the standard glitters. That frosty label is something worth considering though!!!

i only started buying glitters recently, and it seems like all of the ones i got from counters/regular stores (the ones came out with collections) have batch number stamped on, but not the ones from the pro store
ssad.gif

winterwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Did the glitters that came out with Collections have silver stickers??

Not mine, none of my glitters ever have a batch number or silver sticker on them and I only have ones from the regular MAC Store when they come out with collections.

panda0410

^^thats like mine - none of mine have batch numbers or silver stickers, i have had/still have older chunky style red, new reformulated red, reflects - pearl, gold, red, jewelmarine, Dcd pink, and none of them had batch numbers. the ONLY glitter i've ever had with a batch number was lustdust and it was on a black sticker.

MACATTAK

None of my glitters ever had a batch code either. I have a lot of them & some that are very old. I have to check on my Lustdust to see if it has one.

sleepyhead

all of them had clear stickers (with or without batch number). here's the box of 3d silver, you can see the batch code on the bottom (i got it from maccosmetics.com with my heatherette stuff)

box.jpg

the stickers look completely clear, and the batch numbers are not very obvious (all 3 had batch numbers on them)

batch1.jpg

but if i tilt it, you can see the batch number stamped on the bottom (circled in red)

batch2.jpg

so i guess this is something new? *scratching head in confusion*

MACATTAK

I know a lot of mine had N/a on the box (where the batch code would be), but I'll look a little closer to see if any of mine have the batch code
smiles.gif

Ambonee

I have some REALLY old glitters that have a long batch number on the bottom.

My red and black glitter jars have "9E05X" under the name. But other than that the rest just have stickers. I have over 30 and 4 of them have black stickers, Lustdust, Rockin Orange, Jam Sessions, and Marigold, the rest have clear stickers. I've purchased all of my glitters at MAC store and counters so I know they are real
smiles.gif

winterwonder

I looked so hard in various lights and both my 3D Silver and Antique Gold have no batch code, I don't have the box anymore so I don't know about that but that's so weird. I bought mine at the MAC Store too. I'm glad they're putting batch codes on them now though if they are, they should.