Aveda Esthetician Program?

losethehalo

I had a few questions about this particular program. I plan on being a makeup artist, and there are no schools in my state that do the program individually (not a lot of states do anyway) and I'd like to stay in my area. I like skin care a lot, and it'd be good to know this stuff since I'd like to work at a counter before I try the big leagues (like MAC). My mom went to the exact school I'd be going to to do the same thing but it's been 20 years since then and she had to drop out halfway because she was pregnant. I know you take some classes in makeup but how basic is everything? What are you learning? Even with the esthetician part of it, what exactly is the curriculum like? I also want to know your experience with it. I couldn't find out much about it. I definitely don't want to do cosmetology since I'm not that interested in hair and nails...honestly, I know I wouldn't like it. The only other school would be Empire Beauty and I'm not too crazy about that one. If you know anything about empire, please tell me about it, especially if the makeup part of it is better. I don't mind the price of Aveda, even though it is a lot. Empire is around the same price anyway, and I've heard it isn't nearly as good. Plus, Aveda is top notch and gives you everything you would need to know. I know a lot of people that went to my Aveda and it's amazing. I just wasn't sure how good it'd be for a makeup artist...