Awkward Falsie Virgin + more...

tanbelina

I'm going to a gala of sorts this Thursday so I decided to try out some falsies. It was my first ever attempt with them and I can pretty much say with confidence it was a disaster. It took FOREVER to even get them to the state at which you can see in the photos. Any mono-lidded asian gals have advice about the lashes pointing downwards/straight, instead of curling up? They're pretty curled up in these photos, but that's also because I placed them at an awkward angle, which makes me nervous that they're going to fall off half way through the night. Any help/criticism/tips? I need help! (more after the jump....)

lash1.jpg

lash2.jpg

lash3.jpg

lash4.jpg

Do you girls curl your falsies? I did, but if you can see from the third picture they kinda curled strangely. And you can see the glue
ssad.gif
. Also, do you trim the ends of the lashes, because as you can see, they are too long and fall strangely off the end corners of my eyes. If you do trim them, do you do them on an angle, slanted, etc? Do you think the lashes are too long, should I trim the length as well?

Haha sorry if I sound extremely needy and as if I have serious insecurity issues. I've just never done the false lashes before and I don't want them to look obvious or fake.

Anyways, thanks you gals for the help!

Here are some FOTDs from a few weeks ago...

This is my going out look to celebrate the fact that I had written my LSATs. I tried to do a semi-navy toned smokey look, but the navy color didn't come out really well.
out1.jpg

haha look at the difference between my puny natural lashes and the falsies...
out2.jpg

(I swear that's not my 'natural' smile... haha)

Used:
face:
MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in... 55?
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage/cover in SC-6
MAC Blot Powder in NC30
Physician's formula Sunlight bronzer
Nars Orgasm blush

Lips:
MAC Viva Glam V l/g

Eyes:
MAC e/s in Naked Lunch, Sable and Contrast
MAC blacktrack e/l
NYX white e/l inner liner
Covergirl Lash Exact in Black
Shu Uemura Lash Curler
Flair eyebrow powder

This was a random look I did to celebrate getting my NYX stuff in the mail. I've never really done a bright orange based look before... thoughts?
sunset1.jpg

sunset.jpg

Used:
face:
Everyday Minerals concealer in Intensive Medium mixed w/ EDM foundation in Golden Medium (Matte)
MAC Blot Powder in NC30
Physician's formula Sunlight bronzer

Lips:
Random clear l/g

Eyes:
NYX e/s trio in Orange/Golden Orange/Peach
Covergirl first light e/s
MAC blacktrack e/l
MAC teddy e/k
Covergirl Lash Exact in Black
Shu Uemura Lash Curler
Flair eyebrow powder

Hope you girls are having an awesome day!

jdepp_84

I think its a bit of practice and a little trim. If you have time, you should just go in the morning to a local MAC counter and have them put your lashes on
smiles.gif

PBunnieP

Awww, i have the same false lash problem too (I have one mono-lid and one lid with crease). What I generally try to do is get the lashes that are criss-crossed at the base. Not the ones with lashes that extend straight out. The criss-cross ones have a much better curve and at times when i wear them, my mono lid becomes a double... :p

tiramisu

cute! Practice makes perfect with eyelashes... once you get it though, it's like riding a bike, you'll never forget it. (because of all the frustration and tears of the first few attempts!! LOL)

Did you say you took the LSAT?! That is great!--I bet you are glad that it is over, I sure was.... I happen to be in law school myself
wavey.gif

belldandy13

i did a falsies on asian eyes step-by-step here: http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t...=falsies+asian

but i also read snowkei's and hers is great too! the one thing i neglected to say in my thread is to hold the lashes up when they're drying so they don't angle downwards. and yes trim the length of those lashes they are too long. remember, at the OUTER edge, never from the inner.

i tried trimming my lashes (from the tips of them) but i totally effed up a perfectly good pair of lashes. damn. i don't recommend it.

i don't curl my falsies i think if you hold them upwards while they're drying they will show fabulously! do whatever works best for you, and yup practice does make perfect!

hope that helps!

by the way, i LOVE the orange on you. it looks great on your skin tone!

tanbelina

Thanks so much for ALL of your tips. I wore the false lashes (after about 4 attempts) and it stayed on perfectly!