b2m & depots - THE FACTS!!!

II3rinII

so check it!!

i was at work today and an email came in with the "updated b2m info". i was scanning over it to see if anything changed and my eyes caught the word 'depotted eye shadow" so i read carefully. it said, "depotted shadows may be returned, however they will count as one piece, the seperate metal pan from the depotted shadow does not count as an additional piece" (it did not specifically say that the depotted pan had to have the metal in it to count, if it had the metal in it, it wouldnt be refered to as "depotted"). so if anyone gives you shit, their just being bitchey, because it was a corporate email stating depots could be returned.

also the email said there is now a limit on the amount you can bring in. you can do up to 24 pieces, resulting in 4 freebies (this is per transaction, so i guess thats the loophole).

annnnnnd to the mac employees out there, we were recently told that b2m will no longer effect AUS (woohoo).

just thought id share!

TISH1124

I will ask my Pro manager tomorrow ...because she told me just Monday that the letter says no depots they must be complete...will call tomorrow for sure.

II3rinII

^^ i totally ment to make a copy so i could put verbatim what it said, but i was busy doing stock concerns and updating the seasonal planning calendar and other back office stuff (yeah the not so glamorous part of MAC), and im off tomorrow, so hopefully when i get back itll still be in the office.

at my store, we take em back, we dont nitpick. i mean its not being reused for cosmetic purposes, the stuff is just sent away to be recycled, i dont feel the need to be bitchy to someone and turn them away, its a good cause. but i know some stores, some artists can be so rude about it.

MACATTAK

^^ I wish there were more MUA's like you.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
^^ i totally ment to make a copy so i could put verbatim what it said, but i was busy doing stock concerns and updating the seasonal planning calendar and other back office stuff (yeah the not so glamorous part of MAC), and im off tomorrow, so hopefully when i get back itll still be in the office.

at my store, we take em back, we dont nitpick. i mean its not being reused for cosmetic purposes, the stuff is just sent away to be recycled, i dont feel the need to be bitchy to someone and turn them away, its a good cause. but i know some stores, some artists can be so rude about it.

My Pro normally does to ...they are always so good...but since Saturday everyone that comes in they have been telling them after this time no more we got a letter yada yay.....Maybe I will ask that she re-read the letter ...LOL ...that may piss her off

Renee

I sure hope this is true because I have a lot of depotted shadows that i was just going to toss because my store said they weren't going to take them. I hate to add more trash to our planet!

erine1881

Quote:
annnnnnd to the mac employees out there, we were recently told that b2m will no longer effect AUS (woohoo).

lol we never even counted it in our numbers!
lol.gif

if someone bought 3 things and got 1 freebie, we always only counted it as a 3 item sale. we left out the freebie completely.
th_dunno.gif

i was off today and off tmrw, but when i go back thursday i'll see if we got the same letter.

TISH1124

^^ Please Please....Because My MA lives two houses down and she swears that is not what they were told ....I asked her this morning when she was out with her kids getting ready for the bus

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
lol we never even counted it in our numbers!
lol.gif

if someone bought 3 things and got 1 freebie, we always only counted it as a 3 item sale. we left out the freebie completely.
th_dunno.gif

i was off today and off tmrw, but when i go back thursday i'll see if we got the same letter.

at a counter it doesnt affect AUS, i used to work at belk and the b2m didnt go against your number, but when i transfered to the store i found out that it drops your AUS, because it counts as a transaction but has no value, so its as bad if not worse than a one item sale, cuz it kills your average. well supposedly they fixed it or are fixing it to where if youre in a store, the b2ms dont hurt you. which is good, cuz at my locaton when someone came in to b2m and wasnt planning on getting anything else, artists would scatter like roaches, like we were playing a game of "not it!".

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Please Please....Because My MA lives two houses down and she swears that is not what they were told ....I asked her this morning when she was out with her kids getting ready for the bus

maybe its different between pro and freestanding stores ??

i dunno, i work at a freestanding, and our email came through yesterday.

the main thing i remember from the letter was it saying something along the lines of "depotted shadow count as one, the metal pan from a depotted shadow can not count as one but a pan with the magnet does count of course" it didnt say "dont take depotted shadows".

but like i said, at my location, we never even look at that, why hinder a good cause!

anyway, i work tomorrow so i will find out.

TISH1124

^^ I'm sure it is the same the letter she stated they got came a week ago...so this is probably new and she may not be aware of it.

Mabelle

Does anyone know if this e-mail went out to canada aswell?

Last time i was at my local free standing MAC the manager told me that they didnt take depots. It was first time i had been told by an MUA, so i said ok. But if this went out to Canadian stores as well this would be sweeet!

lipshock

YAY @ B2M no longer affecting AUS. That's how it should have been in the first place. When I was at the store, I used to hate doing B2Ms because it always brought down my AUS. I would like ::sad face:: after I walked away from the register. LOL.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjenny17
this may have been answered somewhere else but do counters take b2m?

Yes they do, but they only do lipsticks, if you go to a freestanding store though people have gotten eyeshadows, glosses, or lipsticks to choose from.

cloudsweare

Now. Does Mac itself take depots without the pan when you mail them in? I don't have a store around and I have a ton of depots.

TISH1124

There is a Number on the MAC Website for the B2M program and a email...you might give them a call and check. I have never mailed anything in

Chrystia

Quote:
so check it!!

i was at work today and an email came in with the "updated b2m info". i was scanning over it to see if anything changed and my eyes caught the word 'depotted eye shadow" so i read carefully. it said, "depotted shadows may be returned, however they will count as one piece, the seperate metal pan from the depotted shadow does not count as an additional piece" (it did not specifically say that the depotted pan had to have the metal in it to count, if it had the metal in it, it wouldnt be refered to as "depotted"). so if anyone gives you shit, their just being bitchey, because it was a corporate email stating depots could be returned.

also the email said there is now a limit on the amount you can bring in. you can do up to 24 pieces, resulting in 4 freebies (this is per transaction, so i guess thats the loophole).

just thought id share!

It no longer effects AUS?!?! That's the greatest news ever! Thanks for letting me know, hopefully our store gets this info soon.