Back to MAC @ Nordstrom (Tampa, International Plaza)

Alakazam

So i went last week with a friend of mine to Nordstrom to do the back to mac thing. i brought my 4 empty mac eyeshadow containers, a bottle of brush cleanser and fix +.
The lady at the counter took my stuff and showed the bottle of cleanser to her co worker, she came back to me and told me my cleanser bottle is fake. and i was like "how did it happen? when i got "ALL" my stuff at mac stores and maccosmetics.com?" and she said it happens that mac stores sometimes sell counterfeit and they didnt even know. I couldnt believe it and im still so upset about it
ssad.gif

gildedangel

Uhhh, there is no way that a MAC store could sell fakes. They get all of their stuff straight from their manufactorer and they are not allowed to re-sell returns, even if it is BNIB they have to chuck it. She was lying to you. Were you only doing a B2M? She may not have been reaching her sales goals and not wanted to "waste" her time with you, which is stupid. That is the only motivation to lie that I can think of. Just take the empties back when other people are working.

Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by choozen1ne
do you have picture off it ?

i have the picture of my empty brush cleanser and my brand new one i just got last month and theyre both from mac store.

Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Uhhh, there is no way that a MAC store could sell fakes. They get all of their stuff straight from their manufactorer and they are not allowed to re-sell returns, even if it is BNIB they have to chuck it. She was lying to you. Were you only doing a B2M? She may not have been reaching her sales goals and not wanted to "waste" her time with you, which is stupid. That is the only motivation to lie that I can think of. Just take the empties back when other people are working.

i told them that too, the lady from nordstrom told me to call mac pro at millenia mall cause they cant do anything about it but sorry.

User38

uh.. duh. this is something entirely new to me -- now who do you trust. Btw, the bottles look the same to me! Your bottle looks like an older version, that's all... and that happens all the time.

BunnyBunnyBunny

If you bought it from a MAC store it is legit. It must just be older packaging, has anyone seen this older packaging to back me up? It is extremely rude and untruthful to spread rumors such as real MAC counters/stores selling fakes. That is complete bogus!

Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Yes, your bottle is older packaging, when did you buy it?

i bought the old one last year of april/may.

Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
If you bought it from a MAC store it is legit. It must just be older packaging, has anyone seen this older packaging to back me up? It is extremely rude and untruthful to spread rumors such as real MAC counters/stores selling fakes. That is complete bogus!

i know it is legit, i got the empty one at mac pro store and i still 100% trust them.
my friend backed me up too cause shes always with me whenever i go make up shopping. but the lady was just sticking of what she believes that my bottle cleanser is counterfeit and can sometimes sneak into the store
ssad.gif
she made me so upset that i told her, i dont believe this so i left and decided not to buy any stuff from nordstrom tampa anymore.

chickatthegym

^You should go to the Free-standing MAC store in Sarasota if you get a chance. Not sure how far that is for you, but they are super nice and helpful. Everyone I have ever talked to has been great there. It's my fav MAC store in FL
smiles.gif