Bad skin on celebs

Dark_Phoenix

So I was browsing Milla Jovovich's website and just looking at different pics of her. And found two that were taken within the same year:

Air brushed and pretty (click to enlarge).

jh-mango04120713.jpg

And here you can tell she is definately a smoker. She's written about it in her blog before and it clearly shows.

I just really wonder why she would smoke since she's a model for a make-up company (L'oreal and sometimes Chanel), models a clothing line that she creates, and has starred in movies. In Ultraviolet, every shot of her was in soft focus.

Anyone else notice big differences in celebrities skin between photoshopped images vs real life?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Anyone else notice big differences in celebrities skin between photoshopped images vs real life?

Yes...try almost every celebrity! Without all that professional makeup, most of them don't look so hot!

j_absinthe

Smoking help keeps weight off. I hope not only for her sake, but for her baby's sake, she's since stopped. I still think she's awesome though.

When I think of celebs with bad skin, I think of Joan Van Ark.

What am I saying, I'm being harsh...

She's not really that much of a celeb anymore.

winks.gif

wolfsong

It would be a shame if she chose fags over looks - she's such a natural beauty. Leeloo! (Im a little bit in love with that character
smiles.gif
).

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinapple
fags as in british slang for cigarettes..

Lol, yes - i should make that clear, shouldnt i?

Though Guy Pierce in 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' is tempting...

angeluv009

I hate it that so many women go around thinking that they have to live up to those airbrushed standards, especially since they aren't real. Every celeb gets help and piles on the makeup. Geez, they've got teams of people working on them and trying to make them look good.
Thanks for the post. It makes me feel human...

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory9705
Wow! What a diff...the only celerbrity that I've seen looks great w/out mu is probably Jennifer Garner!

Garner's very beautiful with and without makeup. Also i would say the obvious: Angelina Jolie. Added to that Patricia Arquette and Regina Spektor...

There are celebs that look wonderful natural, as there are with people that are not 'famous'; its seems like celebs look worse without makeup because of life style (long hours, stress, slapping on makeup, travelling, partying, smoking etc) and being airbrushed to 'perfection' in the media so that even a freckle would make them seem different. Yes they have money to buy expensive products and get fancy treatments, but they have a lot working against them too - and not just the general public opinion that they should, and do look as 'perfect' as they are on a magazine cover.

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I don't get how her skin is bad. That's what real people look like.

She doesn't look "real" on the magazine cover.

Kuuipo

Cameron Diaz is gorgeous but without makeup she has some major pigmentation issues. Even the most perfect looking people in the media are totally, refreshingly human in person.