Bare Escentuals loose powders...WHICH ONE?

glorie

Has anyone tried these?

the mineral veil...or the sph 15 foundation powder...or the all over face...or whatever.

i break out easily...i have oily combo skin.

does anyone like these?

jasper17

I have pretty much the same kind of skin as you do and I've found that they're the only things that don't make my skin go crazy. Doesn't slide off and puddle up, either, which is the main thing I was looking for.

The mineral veil goes over the SPF 15 foundation so you at least want the foundation. The mineral veil is kind of nice by itself, though, on no-makeup days. There's also a powder concealer but I'm still on the fence about that.

Overall, I like the products and would recommend giving them a try.

mac_obsession

I agree with Jasper

I adore BE! Its the best foundation Ive ever used
smiles.gif
I break out easily and it doesnt break me out at all.
It doesnt muck up at all, the bisque (powder form of concealer) is amazing for covering blemishes or redspots or whatever, although it doesnt cover dark circles well. The foundation gives an amazing glow. I highly recommend it
smiles.gif

amy

I love BE too!!
I went to this from that @#$@%^& foundation, Dream Matte Mousse, which murdered my skin. BE doesn't make me break out, it evens out my skin tone beautifully, and it makes me look really dewy (not oily).
I wish that the bisque concealer would be a wee bit lighter, because it doesn't blend as well with my skin tone, but the foundation is great. I have Fairly Light 1.2 (And should prolly have a 1) and it's great.
You don't feel like you have a mask on!
smiles.gif

Jasper recommended the Mineral Veil. She's right, that stuff is pimp. It's like a matte-ifier in a way. It's sheer and makes everything look really smooth and nice.

I realize now, I sound like an infomercial.

midnightlouise

I agree with all of these ladies lol! Seriously, I freaking love BE, it's my HG. I, too, have similar skin & I've never broken out from BE. You'll probably want the foundation & the mineral veil and that should have you set.
smiles.gif

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
I went to this from that @#$@%^& foundation, Dream Matte Mousse, which murdered my skin.

ooooh - that junk should seriously come with a warning for oily or acne-prone skin - i haven't broken out that badly since i was in junior high!

glorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
I went to this from that @#$@%^& foundation, Dream Matte Mousse, which murdered my skin.

ooooh - that junk should seriously come with a warning for oily or acne-prone skin - i haven't broken out that badly since i was in junior high!

yeah.

it happened to me too. gahh.

so the foundation is good. hooray. what about the concealer? anyone?

jasper17

The concealer is ok - I've only really needed to use it one time because the foundation itself does a nice job of covering spots and circles and things.

pink_kittie_kat

BE is really really good stuff.
I own a whole bunch of it.
I usually do my face in BE and use MAC on my eyes, although I have about 15 of their eye colors and use them in conjunction with the MAC.

It's extremely easy to use and my new addiction to makeup is actually because of BE. It was kinda like Makeup for Dummies, which is soooo apropo to me
blush-anim-cl.gif

I use moisturizer on my clean face. I use preparaion h (lol, yes the hemmoroid cream) under my eyes to get rid of the puffiness. It works like a charm. It's the sh#% lol, get it...haha im a sucka for puns...anyway. then i use the bisque or the summer bisque for under my eyes, and to spot conceal (taklon brush). The bisque is lighter than the summer bisque, the latter is more peachy, ideal for the dark circles under the eye...and I'm a pale chick...it works. i also use it as a base on my eye sometimes, if Im not using a MAC paint. the thing with these minerals is that you gotta let them set into the face kinda. Like, after you do your spot concealing, wait it out for like 5 minutes, go wash some dishes or something, go back and look. If you still see imperfections, use more. Then I buff on the foundation. A Kabuki brush is best for the buffing. Really nice because there are never any harsh lines or anything. It all blends into the skin soooo nicely. I only use a 1.2 which works just fine for me, but you can mix it with 1 or 2 to better match your complexion. You can also use clear radiance with it or by itself as a foundation for a really nice glow. warm radiance is really nice too. gives a really nice look. um, then there is warmth which is like a bronzer kinda. Some find it too harsh a color but I, again being a pale chick, think it looks really nice brushed in the hollows of the cheeks and on the jawline for that contour. Ok then, I use either a MAC blush on the apples, or BE has some really nice colors for blush. I personally like Glee. Mineral Veil can be used before and after makeup application if you have oily skin. It keeps the oil at bay. You can apply it just to the T-Zone if you wish or all over or whatever. I love this stuff to load on under my eyes before applying pigments. It makes the clean up job a breeze. Also used on the lashes before mascara like a primer really makes a difference. The mineral veil is my HG from BE.
Its also great on the skin and keeps me blemish free. Their slogan actually is "so pure you can sleep in it"

Okay, thats my rave for BE =)

foreveratorifan

So, my question is this:

i'm always the lightest shade in MAC, I wear NW5 in pressed powder and NW15 in other shades...

I have a red undertone to my skin....it I have been told, is the hardest to match out there...according to the Prescriptives gals...

So, for someone with this light of skin and hard to match skin tone, what shades of BE would you recommend?

I never know if I should get the fairest...and maybe one 1shade darker to blend....or if these will even work on my skintone...

I wish I had a BE counter near me, I would have to order it online.

Also, if you have dry skin, does BE work well? Would I also want/need the Minteral Veil?

TIA
smiles.gif

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan

Do you have a Sephora or Ulta nearby? They have BE there.

Would this be good for dried skin? My skin is soooo dried. I want to try BE, but I barely wear foundation because I look terrible with them on. I tried mac studio fix and it just looked like it's caked on my face.

glorie

i want thinking of getting the multi purpose loose powder. i just want it to "blur" my skin. nothing too heavy, you know?

i have an appointment monday. we'll see!

amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcityhalo
Would this be good for dried skin? My skin is soooo dried. I want to try BE, but I barely wear foundation because I look terrible with them on. I tried mac studio fix and it just looked like it's caked on my face.

If you're going to give BE a try, you'll have to moisturize like you never have before. It's awesome stuff, but it can accentuate dry spots. If you use a good emollient moisturizer, you should be fine.

amy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy

I agree! I don't even have acne-prone skin. It was fine until a month or so into using that crap. I didn't make the connection until a few months later. I have scars that are FINALLY healing from the zits that stuff caused.

The one good thing about it is that I'm now hyper-aware of what goes on my face!
Glad I'm not the only anti-maybelline girl here!

foreveratorifan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan

Do you have a Sephora or Ulta nearby? They have BE there.

No I don't...unfortunately I live in Iowa...the land of nothing! hehehe

tres_gatos

I love BE for all the reasons stated above. I found a less expensive brand on e-bay (called Everyday Minerals) that has a better match for my skin tone--I feel BE is a bit too yellow for me, even with a tan. (not that it's a bad match but EM is a better, less yellow match for me)

Anyway, it works great for any skin type (I'm sort of normal, but feel the areas around my eyes are a bit dry). It doesn't look at all cakey--it's just a really nice soft finish--sort of just evens things out without really looking like you're wearing mu.

Jillith

I tried BE awnile ago and found it too shimmery, so I ended up swapping it. I remeber I wore the lightest color they sell, and I am a MAC NC25, if that helps. I recently picked up the loose mineral fdn from amazing cosmetics in the lightest shade and it is perfect: good semi-sheer coverage and no shimmer! I bought it at ulta but I think beauty.com & sephora.com also carry it.

joytheobscure

I have BE but I'm new to it and just getting used to it. I use the lightest tone and have a hard skin tone to match. I've always had trouble matching foundation to my skin. BE works pretty good but I'm not totally used to the powder. I'm still alternating with lancome. I'm just getting brave enough to try warmth regularly.