Beach Bridal Makeup Help!

meaghanb2926

Hi all! I am getting married in Hawai'i in 2 weeks and will be doing all of my own makeup. It is a beach wedding and I will be pretty tan since we are arriving 10 days prior to the date of the wedding. I have gone to different MA's but haven't really been happy with any of their looks so I turn to all of you out there! I want to play up the tan and have a "natural" eye (no bright greens or blues- something classic looking not drag queeny!).
th_dunno.gif

I have purchased Studio Tech in a few shades darker than I am now hoping this will work. Originally I had hoped I could just get there and find a MAC store but alas, nowhere on the Big Island of Hawai'i is there a MAC store
ssad.gif

Anyone out there that can help me put together my FULL face?

(I am an NW25- hazel eyes- highlighted blond/ brownish hair that will be down and curled into beachy type waves)

Thank you!!!

Fairybelle

First off, CONGRATS and best wishes to you and your soon-to-be hubby! Let's get you a nice beachy romantic look that you can use for the big day and beyond...

Skin:
Studio Tech Foundation
Studio Fix Powder or Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder to set depending on level of coverage you want. Studio Fix Powder will cover up more and give a more matte finish so you won't look greasy in photos
Spray with Fix+ or Charged Waters to 'set'

Cheeks:
MAC Bronzer in Golden
MAC MSF in Warmed (dusted very lightly on cheekbones for a soft glow--too much and you will look greasy in flash photos)
For more color, MAC Blush in Coppertone

Eyes (going for neutral here):
Bare Canvas Paint all over
Vanilla with a tiny bit of Honesty e/s on browbone
Kid e/s on lid
Espresso e/s in crease
Mystery e/s in outer 'v'
Honesty e/s in inner corner as highlight
Blacktrack Fluidline on lashline
Teddy Eye Kohl in waterline for more drama (optional, if you cry, it could run)
Falsies (optional)
Plushlash Mascara (if you cry, it won't run--tested and tried!!)

For evening drama, add:
Black Tied e/s in outer 'v'
Mulch e/s in crease

Lips:
Gingerroot Creamstick Liner
4N l/s
Nymphette l/g
Colors on lips that will show up on camera, but aren't too dark for a beach wedding!

Kiseki

Just a quick note, Studio Fix Powder and MSFs reflect flash, you might look washed out. If you want to highlight that looks good in photos, try MUFE's Shine on pressed powder for precise application.

Powder wise, if you want to go matte try MAC's Blot Powder Loose or try MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder (which is better IMO)

Hope this helps.

xxsgtigressxx

I definitely reccomend Indianwood paintpot for a base on your eyes, woodwinked on the first inner third of your eye, and tempting for the outer 2 thirds. Then you can add something like Brun in the crease for depth. A nice highlighter like dazzelray or shroom on your brow bone. Definitely use a bronzer like refined golden but dont overdo it! I reccomend a bright pink plush like pink swoon or a peachy blush like nars orgasm. For lips, I reccomend something soft like a bit of myth (just a little so its not too light) with florabundance lip glass on top. That'll give you a JLo like lip. I dont want to reccomend anything else without seeing a picture of you, but those eye colors are beachy/bronzey/golden and the lips and cheeks are pinky peach. Still a classic simple look but ohhhh so pretty
smiles.gif
cutey.gif

meaghanb2926

Thanks so much ladies! What are thoughts on primer? I have both MAC's paint and prep and smashbox's primer. I love the look that Smashbox gives but I often feel like it makes greasy so I wonder if the heat will only increase this? Paint and Prep feels lighter but doesnt give the same look....
th_dunno.gif

Honey B. Fly

i would go peach/apricot/pink for a beach wedding, ull be tan and it will look so fresh and pretty. i would do the eyes light and shimmery like beige and soft gold... liner + mascara in black, peach blush, and a apricot/pinky liner/lipstick and gloss

i wouldnt go too dark and smokey with the eyeshadows, its not typical on a beach

matsubie

i pretty much concur with all the previous posts.

you want your make up to pretty much match the theme of your wedding, which is a beach wedding.

you definitely would want to have your hair down, and if your hair is long, definitely do the beachy waves.

you can actually play around with your make up since your wedding is not going to be a conventional wedding. you definitely want to stay away from the dark smokey colors, and you want to look as cute and natural as you can.

10 days in hawaii before the actual wedding date? droooool. so lucky. congratulations!

Kuuipo

There is MAC at Hilo and Kona Macy's. They also carry Chanel and Lancome and Shiseido and Estee Lauder!

meaghanb2926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
There is MAC at Hilo and Kona Macy's. They also carry Chanel and Lancome and Shiseido and Estee Lauder!

Really?!? I cannot tell you thank you enough!!! You made my day!!!!
yahoo.gif
Where is the Kona Macy's in relation to downtown Kona?

Kuuipo

Uh...I'm on a different isle....you need the google map.....I'll do my best. Hey it's cold and rainy this week. We actually had "wind chill factor readings" on the news this morning.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaghanb2926
Thanks so much ladies! What are thoughts on primer? I have both MAC's paint and prep and smashbox's primer. I love the look that Smashbox gives but I often feel like it makes greasy so I wonder if the heat will only increase this? Paint and Prep feels lighter but doesnt give the same look....
th_dunno.gif

You can use blotting papers over the Smashox Primer (I do). Bring plenny kine of blotting papers. I don't think it will be hot. It's windy,rainy, chilly and dusty lately. We have been having big vog (smog and volcanic carbon dioxide) , but its moving with the trades. It's all about earth tones here.

meaghanb2926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
You can use blotting papers over the Smashox Primer (I do). Bring plenny kine of blotting papers. I don't think it will be hot. It's windy,rainy, chilly and dusty lately. We have been having big vog (smog and volcanic carbon dioxide) , but its moving with the trades. It's all about earth tones here.

Anyone have a favorite blotting paper they use? Whats the deal with MAC's blotting powder? Is this instead of blotting papers?

Kuuipo

Blotting papers remove the oil without removing makeup or needing to retouch everything. If you add blotting powder, you will have to redo blush.
Thhey are also good for blotting between the step of using primer and foundation and foundation and powder for a matte look if you are getting photographed.

Kuuipo

Long's Drug's in Kona will have blotting papers from Japan that are inexpensive, and any toileteries you forget-and umbrellas, postcards, and stuff that's cheaper than most places in the area. It's a good place for stuff you might forget.