Beauty/makeup trends in Turkey & Greece?

GirlyDork

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so it's under "Recommendations" unless an admin moves it somewhere else...

Anyway, I'm going on a school trip to Istanbul, Turkey and Greece (around Athens, I think) over winter break. I know that I'll be a tourist and it doesn't matter all that much, but I'd still like to know about current makeup trends in Istanbul and Greece. Could anyone help me out? I tried Google, but I only found articles about ancient Greek attire and tourist-y stuff.

At the moment, all I know is that girls in Istanbul like winged eyeliner and nude lips. (Source: http://www.maccosmetics.com/sceneandspotted/index.tmpl#/istanbul)

Thanks in advance!

nico

Turkish women have dark eyebrows and long lashes.And they like smokey eyes and lots of mascara.I don't see many women wearing colourful eyeshadows and experimenting with make-up.

Sappheiros

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so it's under "Recommendations" unless an admin moves it somewhere else...

Anyway, I'm going on a school trip to Istanbul, Turkey and Greece (around Athens, I think) over winter break. I know that I'll be a tourist and it doesn't matter all that much, but I'd still like to know about current makeup trends in Istanbul and Greece. Could anyone help me out? I tried Google, but I only found articles about ancient Greek attire and tourist-y stuff.

At the moment, all I know is that girls in Istanbul like winged eyeliner and nude lips. (Source: http://www.maccosmetics.com/sceneandspotted/index.tmpl#/istanbul)

Thanks in advance!

Well, during the night, smokey eyes, neutral eyes and cat eye liners, and as for the lips nudes, reds(from bright to dark shades) and baby pinks! During the day you can find either girls with no make up or with lots of make up! A make up trend we have now is the ombre lips!
Hope I helped you a bit
peace2.gif

GirlyDork

Thanks so much, this was very helpful information! I love smoky eyes, so this works out very well :) Hmmm I gotta try the ombre lips at some point :D