Becca Cosmetics

ginestra213

Anyone picked up the new foundation yet? I'm really interested, just waiting for it to arrive over the pond before I can grab it!

laurennnxox

I can take a quick photo of fair when I get home later, I got it yesterday and it's going back ASAP. Disappointed in Becca's lack of shade inclusion. It's super, super orange, and does not "blend into a match" with their flexible shades like they claim. Yuck!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Same. I'm kind of annoyed that they sent the full shade range to so many bloggers and none of them swatched the whole lot. Just took selfies wearing their shade of the foundation.

I found a handful of swatches of all the shades on Instagram last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAc_RUfRhtw/?taken-by=kerrycole15
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAjEEdMvupk/?taken-by=itslesliealvarado

Fair looks too pink in all of them, to me. And too dark. I had a similar problem back in the day with Luminous Skin Colour (discontinued in 2014 or so), even though the formula was fantastic.

I can take a quick photo of fair when I get home later, I got it yesterday and it's going back ASAP. Disappointed in Becca's lack of shade inclusion. It's super, super orange, and does not "blend into a match" with their flexible shades like they claim. Yuck!

Please do! (The more swatches, the merrier!)

laurennnxox

IMG_4766.JPG

This is fair, I did about two drops for the heavy swatch and two drops for the "blended out swatch." Even completely blended out (not pictured) it gave a heavy orange tint. For reference, I use Too Faced Born This Way in Snow, Dior Nude Glowing-Skin (I think that's the name) in 010 Ivory (needs good blending though), KVD 42 is a tiny bit too light, MUFE Y205 is a tiiiny bit too light but definitely workable. I generally have a hard time finding a foundation to match how light/neutral my neck is (my arm looks more cool toned here). This was taken facing an open window with natural light. The formula feels nice but definitely going back.

sullenxriot182

View attachment 51426

This is fair, I did about two drops for the heavy swatch and two drops for the "blended out swatch." Even completely blended out (not pictured) it gave a heavy orange tint. For reference, I use Too Faced Born This Way in Snow, Dior Nude Glowing-Skin (I think that's the name) in 010 Ivory (needs good blending though), KVD 42 is a tiny bit too light, MUFE Y205 is a tiiiny bit too light but definitely workable. I generally have a hard time finding a foundation to match how light/neutral my neck is (my arm looks more cool toned here). This was taken facing an open window with natural light. The formula feels nice but definitely going back.

Aw man! That was the one I was going to get. Thank you for this though, saved me the hassle of buying and returning it!!

laurennnxox

Aw man! That was the one I was going to get. Thank you for this though, saved me the hassle of buying and returning it!!

No problem! It was sooooo disappointing! I'm really liking the Stila Aqua Glow foundation in Fair! It's sheer/medium buildable and gives a lovely glow as well. :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
View attachment 51426

Yeah, that's disappointing. :marchmellow: for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
View attachment 51426

Nope!

Thanks for for taking one for the team, miss. I am definitely giving this one a pass

starletta8

View attachment 51426

UGH! Sorry, that's not FAIR at all. That's like a Light Medium.

leonah

View attachment 51426

oh man this looks way too orange for me (and everyone else?!) aww that's disappointing

shellygrrl

Staff member
Just announced on their IG: In April they're releasing a shade of Aqua Luminous that's lighter than Fair. :rocker:

leonah

is the backlight primer worth getting? looking for something to both prime (with a bit of hydration if possible) and give a glow from within kinda look. I usually only wear my day cream+primer from mac+mineralize powder so not sure if it would be suitable under a powder foundation?

Alysse011

is the backlight primer worth getting? looking for something to both prime (with a bit of hydration if possible) and give a glow from within kinda look. I usually only wear my day cream+primer from mac+mineralize powder so not sure if it would be suitable under a powder foundation?

I'm not sure how it works with powder foundation, but I really like this primer a lot. It's beautiful with my liquid and cream foundations. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really "believe" in primers

Latest posts