Ben Nye Lumiere and MAC

celestia

There have been swatch threads and specific threads on single, particular Ben Nye colours MAC colours- but I figured posting my question would have made it O/T so instead... here!

I'm not specifically asking for swatches, but I also don't think they're not allowed either.
So I come asking two questions.

How does Ben Nye compare to MAC in terms of:

cosmic blue vs. blue calm or freshwater
azalea vs. passionate or post haste
jade vs. teal pigment or
turquoise vs. parrot or pompous blue

eg.// more bright, bluer, greener, shimmery, cool, warmer... less chalkier version etc.

Because this is the recs thread, I thought I'd throw a more relevant question out there simulatenously and that is, what are possible MAC dupes for these colours and even then, what are the noticeable differences when you compare them? (I'd love to exhaust all my options before settling on one or two other posts, especially with the new and up to date collections to refer/compare to.)

I know I've seen one for turquoise vs. cool heat... so if people want to back it up, digress or ignore it completely that's fine. (i'd hate to have people refer to multiple threads about it...so)

IDontKnowMomo

I don't really compare Mac and Ben Nye shadows, except for one. Amethyst is WAY better than Stars and Rockets. In my opinion, Ben Nye eyeshadows are more pigmented than mac shadows. The only downfall is that they aren't pressed very well.

celestia

I was also after dupability or 'colour dis-similarity' more than just 'which has more/less pigment'... For example, if you look up blue calm and cosmic blue, they seem to be a similar blue... but for all I know one could be two shades cooler/warmer- or it could, in fact, really only come down to 'x has more z shimmer than y.

Since I don't trust my monitor for such (possibly) similar shades, I was hoping the opinions of others would help me compare the similarities and differences in the pigments between both these brands. It probably sounds really anal..XD- sorry!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestia
There have been swatch threads and specific threads on single, particular Ben Nye colours MAC colours- but I figured posting my question would have made it O/T so instead... here!

I'm not specifically asking for swatches, but I also don't think they're not allowed either.
So I come asking two questions.

How does Ben Nye compare to MAC in terms of:

jade vs. teal pigment or
turquoise vs. parrot or pompous blue

eg.// more bright, bluer, greener, shimmery, cool, warmer... less chalkier version etc.

Because this is the recs thread, I thought I'd throw a more relevant question out there simulatenously and that is, what are possible MAC dupes for these colours and even then, what are the noticeable differences when you compare them? (I'd love to exhaust all my options before settling on one or two other posts, especially with the new and up to date collections to refer/compare to.)

I know I've seen one for turquoise vs. cool heat... so if people want to back it up, digress or ignore it completely that's fine. (i'd hate to have people refer to multiple threads about it...so)

Jade is nothing like Teal, IMO. Jade is a true and bright pigmented green.

Turquoise and Parrot are two different hues. Turquoise is darker. It would be closer to Pompous Blue, but greener.