Ben Nye Makeup

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
No I don't think you can just go ask for samples. I was given one once after I got a makeover (with my favorite MUA, who no longer works for MAC
weeping.gif
)

I'm in NY and have come accross many snobbish counter people, especially at Macy's. I will not buy from someone who is bitchy, in a matter fact one of them lost me as a client because she was rude on the phone when I spoke with her during the release of Sweetie Cakes. Don't they work on commision? The why I see, its their loss.

Ahh I think the sample thing all depends on your counter/store and how the people are there. Here in Indy they are really good about that. I ask for a sample of something and they give me enough to really try it before I buy it. I am not sure if the fact that they all know me by name and all is a factor but really,.. but by reading the posts here I noticed that a lot of experiences really depend on location. The more populated/bigger city stores tend to have snobs,.. where the girls here, most of them are just employed MAC enthusiasts/addicts.

ikapela511

oh my GAWSH!!!! yes yes....some come off ssooooo RUDE!!! like.."yeah i work for MAC and you can wait while i talk on the phone with my buddies to figure out what i'm going to do tonight.." ...

AARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!! some people!!!
angry.gif

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikapela511
oh my GAWSH!!!! yes yes....some come off ssooooo RUDE!!! like.."yeah i work for MAC and you can wait while i talk on the phone with my buddies to figure out what i'm going to do tonight.." ...

AARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!! some people!!!
angry.gif

Thats soooo true, for some of the counters
Because I've been to 4 different MAC counters here in Montreal, and only one of them, they were mean and snobish...
I hate when they do that
th_confused_new.gif

They other night, I went to that counter, and the dude over there ignored me, even if he saw that I wanted to buy at least 3 colors...
He answered 3 persons before he came to speak to me
So, I went away without bying. Go to hell, snobish.

And for the Ben Nye eyeshadows, its sad they dont sell it here in Montreal... I really want them
ssad.gif

ikapela511

i HEAR yah Willa!!!!!....Sometimes i just wanna go behind the counter myself and get the stuff i need...and take it to a MUCH nicer MA and give them the commision...LOL....
rofl.gif

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikapela511
i HEAR yah Willa!!!!!....Sometimes i just wanna go behind the counter myself and get the stuff i need...and take it to a MUCH nicer MA and give them the commision...LOL....
rofl.gif

When I didnt know much about MAC, I used to always go to the same counter (the snobish one) and I tought that all MAC counters were the same...

This is one of the reasons why I started buying Make Up For Ever instead... and since, I discovered new MAC counters and I cant stop buying... lolll

jokers_kick

I have a hook up to these eyeshadow's and I want to know which ones are the prettiest haha. I've used chartreuse before, but I don't know what other colors work well and are true to color. Heeeelp me!

courtneyCORPSE

Ben Nye

Ahhhh ok
So I just bought a bunch of Ben Nye poducts,
and i've heard really good things about them.

Are they as good as everyone says??

aeni

Re: Ben Nye

Good stuff Ben Nye is. But I'll admit that I've found better foundations.

Ella_

Their total coverall wheel is great, their luxe powders are nice - theres an apricot one that I love as a blush on darker skintones. Umm I like their cake liner too, foundations not so much but their invisible set powder and the yellow powders are both good.

RoseMe

Why don't you like their cream foundation? I have one and the coverage, color matching and texture all all GREAT!