Best blush from the NARS line for that natural flush look? (Pic inside)

BrownEy3d

Hi! I'm new, and I was looking for some recommendations for a blush from NARS that would give me that 'natural blush flush' (like you're crushing on someone/coming in from the cold)...I dont know how to classify my skintone using the term NC 40, 45, etc... so maybe someone can help me with that as well? Here is my pic so you guys could see what blush might work on me and what my skintone color is:

294028l.jpg

(edit: it was HUGE, sorry!)

I hope its okay to post pics...

Thank you in advance! =D

Amaranth

NARS Torrid should take care of that for ya. My roommate is about your skin tone (she actually looks quite a bit like you, it's crazy! Dominican Republic? I actually just went to check out your profile to see if she mysteriously joined, she has the same hair and has a shirt like that too...ARE YOU GINA?!), and that on seemed to do for her what Orgasm does for pasty people like me. She might be slightly darker than you, actually (hard to tell with pictures and computer monitors), so you may still want to try Orgasm...but I think I vote Torrid.

BrownEy3d

LOL, I'm not Gina...or am I? >.>...<.<... =P But yeah, thank you for your recommendation...would Torrid come off looking a lil ashy on me? I'm actually african-american, and that picture is almost a year old, lol, but aside from the hair length, nothing has changed

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEy3d
LOL, I'm not Gina...or am I? >.>...<.<... =P But yeah, thank you for your recommendation...would Torrid come off looking a lil ashy on me? I'm actually african-american, and that picture is almost a year old, lol, but aside from the hair length, nothing has changed

Bahahahaha that's exactly what SHE would say too! I'm freakin' out man! Hahah but seriously, I'd post a picture of her just so you could see your twin, but I don't want to flash her photo all over the Internet without asking. The resemblance is actually pretty freaky, you guys even have the same hairstyle and colour!

Anywho, I don't think Torrid would be too ashy. It was actually used quite a bit in the movie Dreamgirls on Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson (usually in the 70's scenes when they upped the colour). If you want something a little more on the pink side as opposed to the orange-y peach side (we all have different opinions of the "flushed" look), you could try something more on the vibrant pink side like Mata Hari and just use a lighter hand and softer brush. But personally, since your complexion is pretty warm, I think Torrid would be the better fit. Since people with warm complexions don't usually have cool-toned flushes? So IMO, something more peachy/orange-y would look more natural. But I'm not claiming to be a blush colour choosing expert, so other suggestions are definitely welcome.

rachybloom

It looks pretty daunting in the package, but Mounia is a deep, rich, ruby/coral color with a natural shimmer. It's very dark and high pigmented and so you have to be very light handed (like one little swish of the brush, blow of the excess, and shake the brush off). I'm extremely pale and it gives me a true "orgasmic" look as opposed to Orgasm (which is still pretty but not really "flushed"). One of my tanner friends uses this as well and it looks good on her too. I think it'd compliment your deep skin tone nicely if you use a light hand with it, although you could definitely use more since you have a darker complexion. It's not normally a color I think most people would buy but it's pleasantly suprising and def. gives the best flushed look from the NARS line (as opposed to Deep Throat, Orgasm, Gina, Guile de Nuit, and Torrid, all of which I've tried). Good luck and I hope you like whatever you buy! :]

rbella

^^^I agree with Mounia. I think that is such a beautiful color and with your deep skin tone it will look beautiful.

user79

Taj Mahal looks great on dark skin
Even something like Desire or Angelika may work, it's very pigmented!
Crazed is gorgeous....would work really well with dark skinned ladies, I love this blush but it won't work on my fair skin how I want it to, it's too pigmented!

sweetface

I second the Rec for Mounia, I have it and I use it for days when I want to look "fresh faced" as in a rosy sort of look. We are around the same complexion so a lightly applied layer of mounia would look very natural on you