best brush belt??

marichan0803

whats the best brush belt you guys would recommend? and how much is the mac one if you buy it from the pro store.?

MisStarrlight

The MAC one is $35. It's alright but I don't <3 the MAC label all over it (it's in 2 places, but still)...Alcone has one that is exactly like the MAC one but without the branding.

MUD has one, but I don't like it at all. It's canvas so it doesn't seem to be as sturdy (but I think it's washable, so that my be a plus)

The UD one is pretty, but I've never actually seen it in person, but I may check it out cause the belt is bigger so us fat chicks can wear it on our hips.

NaturalSister19

I have a M A C one and the Japonesque one. I use the M A C one more because it has so many brush slots and the pockets are very deep. I also took the M A C logo button off. The Japonesque one is extremely functional with all the sections and loops.

www.a-squirrel.com
apron12sml.jpg

www.notonthehighstreet.com
NototHighStreetBrushbelt.jpg

Cosplay Supplies
CosPlay.jpg

Japonesque
Japonesque.jpg

@design
ADesignapron_250b.jpg

You can get this one with 6 brushes or empty.

martygreene

I have a few, and here's what's important to me:

• a flap to cover the tops of brushes when I'm working on set/backstage to keep makeup from getting on costumes/clothing
  • adjustable buckle tightness
  • quick release
  • easily cleaned
  • enough small and large loops, and enough space between large loops
  • pockets for small things
  • loops for attaching other objects

That said, these are nice:
the boaz-stein apron
camera ready cosmetics brush belt (no flap, but ok)
crown has a nice one with a flap, compact and very usable
Gorgeous cosmetics' brush belt is AMAZINGLY wonderful, japonesque has one that is similar
tas merah has a good one too

MisStarrlight

One of our freelancers has a wrist band. It holds about half of what my brush belt does, but it's super nifty & convenient for small jobs.

I think she got it at the LIBS Midtown campus.

lara

I have a MAC brush belt and it's ok, but it needs a flap over the brushes. I made one with press studs and it works just fine. I wear that one one hip and on the other side I have a location belt that I made from a builders toolbelt. it has plenty of big holsters (hairspray, mister bottles, etc) and small hanging loops, and press studs so I can attach my location bags and reference polaroids.

pixichik77

I have a Set wear belt that I use, I agree witht he flap. I ruined two shirts before i put one on it. I also buy chalk bags (at outdoor stores) and attach them to the belt with carabiners to hold large items, use as trash bags, etc

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Gorgeous cosmetics' brush belt is AMAZINGLY wonderful

Thats the one I use and I love it
smiles.gif