Best brush for MSF Natural

starfire123

The only face makeup I wear is MSF no other fundation. I was wondering which is the best brush to use with this when I am trying to use it as foundation. I heard 129, 150, 187 or even 182 kakubi.

powderprincess

I use MSFN almost daily, just finished my first one. I like to use a kabuki like the 182 to get the most coverage. Then I spray my 187 with fix plus and stipple it over my face to reduce the powdery look. Hope this helps.

starfire123

So I ended up buying two brushes recommended by different artist I bought the 187 YEAH and 109 brush which I am still on the fence about keeping.
So MUA recommended 109 or 182 kabuki since I use MSFN as foundation alone to give more coverage. Other recommended 187. Right now I am using 129SE brush for it which I like however I have had that brush for awhile now like 3 or 4 years and its now shedding with every application so I will see how I like the 109 since its a tiny brush I may switch it for the large 129 brush..but I will keep 187
encore.gif

JennsJewelz

I always use my 187, although I use mine as a setting powder over Studio Fix or Face and Body Foundation. I'm on my 3rd pan!!! :)

GucciGirl

I too only wear MSF on a daily basis and I hunted and searched for the discontinued MAC 180 brush and I loooooove it for the MSF natural. Because its a flat top brush it buffs the powder into your skin giving you a little more coverage than a fluffier brush would IMO. When I just want a light coverage I use the Jumbo Chisel Powder brush from Crown Brush.....its HUGE and a great dupe for the MAC 134.

LC

i like to use a 168 for a lot of coverage, a 187 for a medium-full amount of coverage, and a 150 for a light dusting

Sass

I use my MAC 134. When I get a 150 I'll probably switch over to that, but I like a more thicker application normally.

Miss Berri

Definitly a 150 or 182. The fluffy bristles really buff the msf into the skin when used in a circular motion and will allow you to build the coverage. I would only use the 187 if you were using it over a liquid or cream