Best concealer for awful undereye circles?

thebloomroom

Hi ladies... i know this topic has been done to DEATH but new products keep coming out and reviews are all over the place.

im hoping to get some new concealer during the VIB sale (but non sephora products are welcome as well). Ladies with horrible undereye circles, whats your HG concealer? I'm darker skinned (south asian), MUFE 165, mostly on the dry side for skin. Any recs? i have pretty bad circles, so i need heavier coverage

price isnt an issue if it truly does its job

shellygrrl

Staff member
I recently got OCC's concealer, and I'm really liking it for under the eyes so far. Before that I was using one of the Bobbi Brown Correctors or MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (the latter was discontinued last year).

Mayanas

on Sephora FF I bought Bobbi Brown corrector y looks nice I like it
amuse.gif
but my favorite es Maybelline concealer
cheerleader.gif

thebloomroom

I recently got OCC's concealer, and I'm really liking it for under the eyes so far. Before that I was using one of the Bobbi Brown Correctors or MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (the latter was discontinued last year).
the reviews for this are great.. have you tried NARS radiant creamy concealer or BM multi-tasking powder as concealer? i had those two in my cart but am debating switching them out for OCC.

thebloomroom

on Sephora FF I bought Bobbi Brown corrector y looks nice I like it
amuse.gif
but my favorite es Maybelline concealer
cheerleader.gif

Which maybelline? I currently use one of theirs + benefits but it doesnt do enough for me!
Quote: Originally Posted by shellygrrl

I've not tried either/or. (That said, I do want to try NARS RCC.)
Thanks- I heard mixed reviews about Nars RCC (it being too sheer, which i do NOT need in concealer) so I ended up going with OCC and kept the BM powder to try it out. thanks for the rec!!

Mayanas

Which maybelline? I currently use one of theirs + benefits but it doesnt do enough for me!
Thanks- I heard mixed reviews about Nars RCC (it being too sheer, which i do NOT need in concealer) so I ended up going with OCC and kept the BM powder to try it out. thanks for the rec!!
Maybelline Fit Me
th_e2cloud9.gif

tfisher07

I suggest the MAC Prolongwear.Great all day coverage and always covers all of my dark circles like a charm. I use a concealer brush to put on but still pat it in with my finger.

v0ltagekid

Hi ladies... i know this topic has been done to DEATH but new products keep coming out and reviews are all over the place.

im hoping to get some new concealer during the VIB sale (but non sephora products are welcome as well). Ladies with horrible undereye circles, whats your HG concealer? I'm darker skinned (south asian), MUFE 165, mostly on the dry side for skin. Any recs? i have pretty bad circles, so i need heavier coverage

price isnt an issue if it truly does its job
Don't use just a "concealer" u need a corrector. I think the HD by MUFE would be good, color 350 or 355 perhaps. It's orangy/salmon color so it should help. I use it on my clients all the time (I work at Sephora). You can use the MUFE translucent powder to set it, you need the tiniest amount, you could use a fluffy blending brush to just roll up some powder, but just the smallest amount! Here's a link for ur convenience. I'm MUFE N153 and use the 350, so it should work for u, but otherwise try 355.

http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-concealer-P242203?skuId=1182179

xo

MissTT

Funny you mention the HD. I tried it for the first time last night and noticed one was really orange. Do they crease much? If I use it as a corrector can I layer it under my Nars?

v0ltagekid

Funny you mention the HD. I tried it for the first time last night and noticed one was really orange. Do they crease much? If I use it as a corrector can I layer it under my Nars?
I know it looks really orange, but that counteracts the purple of the under eyes, so it makes it look normal. You aren't gonna need to use anything else on top of it, it doesn't crease if you set it, once again you need very little of it, and very little setting powder.

Use it under ur nars what? foundation or concealer?

MissTT

My circles are brown not blue or purple so a little different. 355 (I think or 350) gave coverage but was kinda dark overall. I like to brighten my undereye. I use Nars Radiant Concealer in Ginger or Biscuit to brighten.

v0ltagekid

My circles are brown not blue or purple so a little different. 355 (I think or 350) gave coverage but was kinda dark overall. I like to brighten my undereye. I use Nars Radiant Concealer in Ginger or Biscuit to brighten.
Oh sorry, just assumed they were purple like mine :(
U can try the same one, and Nars on top to brighten for sure. I have Ginger and use it on top when I want extra coverage.
or you could set it with a brightening concealing powder, like bare minerals well rested powder (although that one may be too light for u, I think the color up is Summer bisque?)

I hope that works for u!

MissTT

Thanks so much. The girls I work w/ don't seem to be as familiar with correcting. I told them the orange one would work for me and they were all gagging. LOL I tried it on and they were shocked that it worked. I didn't get it b/c they said they didn't think it looked better than my current routine of NARS concealer over Bobbi Brown Dark Peach corrector. I think the MUFE gave more coverage than my BB so I'm considering the switch. Now I gotta go back to get it today. I swatched 4-5 shades so I don't recall which one was the orange one.