Best Eyeliner (MAC) w/ PIGMENTS!

Pimptress

Everyone loves fluidlines and such, but I hate them! HOWEVER I just wanted to let ya'll know what I use and is simply AMAZING.

Pigment + 1 drop of visine and 210 brush. Heck yes! Black Black pigment makes the best tiny line of black ever, Emerald Green looks fab with a green themed eye, Grape makes a GREAT purple eyeliner.

I'm on the verge of obsessed with doing this. I buy pigment samples galore just so I have new eyeliners to try.

Does anyone else do this and what is everyone else's favorite pigment use??

misslilith

When I started with MAC I have bought a sample of nearly every pigment colour available
eyelove.gif
. And I use many of them as a liner. My favorites are Old Gold, the metal colours, Coco Beach,... ok.. nearly all of the darker ones.

bluegrassbabe

Most definately Old Gold for this. It's soooo beautiful. I also like Chocolate Brown, Grape, Deep Purple, basically any of the darker colors for this. Oh, and Coco too. I use the gel based eyedrops. I like the heavier texture of it a little better than the regular ones.

LisaR

Oooo! Great idea ladies! I never thought to use the pigments for liner. I'll have to try that today. Thanks!

V2LUCKY

I've used Dark Soul, Cocoa Beach, Fuchsia, and Violet pigs. as liner before, they look great and I don't even like eyeliner on me.

talk2mesun

i also love using mac pigments as eyeliner. also as cheek highlights, all over face glitter (like provence), and blushes, ooh and lip colors!

Parishoon

blue brown over a bluish base (i use a cheap d/s indigo liner)

this might sound a little wierd, but i like to tightline w/ coco (i know tightlining is supposed to make you eyelashes look fuller, but the coco just does something to it & it's gorgeous) & line the waterline w/ kajal

sarzio

violet and softwash grey both make great liners with a bit of water added to the brush ( I don't have a pro store near me, so I don't have any mixing medium.)

roxybc

I've been doing this for ages too with something by the Canadian cosmetic line Lise Watier. They have this stuff called Metamorphix which is a mixing medium and available at drug stores. I think it's $14 CDN. Anyways I love using it with eye shadows and pigments. I put a drop or two of the metamorphix on the eye shadow lid and then dip my angled liner brush in it, and the swip it accross the eye shadow or dip it in the pigment. The look is amazing, and it is much easier and faster to apply than the fluidlines, which I do like, but they take me a good 10 min to apply perfectly!

jinsy

I
eyelove.gif
Blue Brown too and since Visine's HTF where I am, I make do with contact lens solution, and it's a breeze to use! Come to think of it, I love and hate them fluidlines..
lol.gif

user79

I do it too but the only thing is that the waterbased mixing medium will smear or smudge when you sweat, so it's not the best for clubbing. I still prefer the fluidliner in Blacktrack, especially for the waterline, it just stays!

asnbrb

I use the eyeliner mixing medium. It seems to stay a wee bit better on me than the regular mixing medium.

pugmommy7

good to know about the mixing medium.
i want to try it for primer adhesion.
i use paula dorf transformer for great liner transformation.
have you ever tried topping your primer eyeliner with benefit she-laq?

pr1nces583

teal is beautiful! i wanna try blue brown now
smiles.gif
will try tomorrow. is mkixing medium good for pigment liners? does it stick longer than if u use water?

Pimptress

I have mixing medium, but I have been refusing to use it because Visine is working so well for me. It doesn't burn if I get it in my eyes and it makes the pigments stay ALL day!

glittergoddess27

I do it with Acid Orange and Electric Coral and my glitter brilliants,.. I.D has an eyeliner sealant that makes them smudge proof and waterproof,.. and it is thin,.. and for a thicker consistancy/more styaing power I use MAC's eyeliner mixing medium or for a softy look I use them over Frostlite fluidline,... Doing this is addictive!