Best face primer for super duper out of this world greasy oily skin?

KaytieBaybie

Seriously. I have the world's oiliest skin (at least it feels like that sometimes) I can use my facial oil as fuel for my car-that's how bad I feel it is. I tried the MAC Mattifying Gel, which was ok but nothing I found worth repurchasing. I tried and (still do love) the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer-I love the way it feels on my skin, it provides a great canvas, and I also love how it doesn't alter or dull down my skin tone (I find some primers do that *ahem L'Oreal Studio Secrets*)

Any suggestions?

Oh, I also have to blot every 3-4 hrs. I find my skin getting worse now that we're in the summer. Help please!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Perhaps the better thing to do would be to alter your skin care routine. A different cleanser? Try a toner, maybe? Sometimes you have to do that when the seasons change.

shadowaddict

After trying a ton of stuff I'm trying again MAC P&P spf 50. I tried it when it first came out and didn't really like it. But lately have been hearing great reviews for it from other oilies like me. I've only tried it a couple of days and so far so good.

If that is just ok my next plan it to use it with Smashbox anti-shine. That stuff is amazing. It only takes a little bit. At first I put too much on and got little rollie balls. I got a sample at Sephora before I bought a tube and that sample lasted a good 2 months. It isn't a primer but it will control the oil. It gets so freakin hot and humid here I need something to hold up.

califabulous

Seriously. I have the world's oiliest skin (at least it feels like that sometimes) I can use my facial oil as fuel for my car-that's how bad I feel it is. I tried the MAC Mattifying Gel, which was ok but nothing I found worth repurchasing. I tried and (still do love) the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer-I love the way it feels on my skin, it provides a great canvas, and I also love how it doesn't alter or dull down my skin tone (I find some primers do that *ahem L'Oreal Studio Secrets*)

Any suggestions?

Oh, I also have to blot every 3-4 hrs. I find my skin getting worse now that we're in the summer. Help please!

hourglass mineral primer. that stuff works but is expensive $52 for regular size. I bought the mini at sephora for $17. I like the nars oil free primer. I got a sample and it performed phenomenally while outdoors in 90 degree weather. and I am a true oil slick.