BEST Foundation for Bridal/Photography?

Sushi_Flower

I find all MAC foundations photograph terribly, why on earth do they put SPF in all of them and then claim to be a brand for professional use.

I really want to get MUFE HD - I am assuming since it's launch the F&B and Matte Velvet are not the best anymore?

beby24

I know this is an old thread but I didnt want to start a new one. This one is about a year old but I wanted to get other people's input on finding good bridal foundation to add to my kit.

Any new discoveries? I'd love to hear what foundations you all are using for your bridal clients and why you like them.

Thanks
winks.gif

ForgetRegret

I love MUFE HD and MAC F&B if you only need light coverage (or for summer, since it sticks pretty well). I adore Revlon Colorstay, but it has SPF in it, which sucks...that stuff would be great for weddings, since it has amazing staying power.

Shadowy Lady

I def don't like MAC's foundation for photos. I have tried Studio Sculpt and Studio Fix and both look like they're too light when I take pictures indoor (with flash) eventhough they're perfect match in natural light :/

MUFE HD photographs amazingly though. I always look like I'm not wearing makeup in photos when I wear this
smiles.gif

Gonzajuju

I'm yet another for MUFE face and body. It lasts alllllll day long and looks great in photos. You can also use it to airbrush as well.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by beby24
on the MUFE HD and the MUFE F&B
what shades do you suggest one starts with?

Can you give more information about your skin color? Do you know what color you are in MAC?

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Can you give more information about your skin color? Do you know what color you are in MAC?

I have no idea what shade I am on MAC. I really dont use much foundation and what I have is Chanel.

I want to add these to my kit. That is why I ask for a good range. I work mostly on caucasian and latin ppl.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
I have no idea what shade I am on MAC. I really dont use much foundation and what I have is Chanel.

I want to add these to my kit. That is why I ask for a good range. I work mostly on caucasian and latin ppl.

If you only require foundation for fair and latin skintone, I would say for HD foundation get 115 and 117 for light skin, 118 for medium light (this is what I wear), 123 and 127 for latin skintone.

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
If you only require foundation for fair and latin skintone, I would say for HD foundation get 115 and 117 for light skin, 118 for medium light (this is what I wear), 123 and 127 for latin skintone.

Thank you
I was thinking of starting out with 110 120 140 170 & 180 but I am still not sure
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Thank you
I was thinking of starting out with 110 120 140 170 & 180 but I am still not sure
ssad.gif

Honestly I think 170 and 180 are dark for your clientele. 120 has very yellow tones, perhaps best suited for someone with fair asian skintone.

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Honestly I think 170 and 180 are dark for your clientele. 120 has very yellow tones, perhaps best suited for someone with fair asian skintone.

thank you

InTheFade

I am a NW20 in MAC, I wear MSFNatural in medium as well.

Can anyone suggest what would be a good match for my skintone in MUFE face and body?

Thanks muchly!

macmistress

hey guys, the hd finishing powder, is it okay to use on asian skin tones? can it be used as mattifying powder or should i use a diff podwer for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
hey guys, the hd finishing powder, is it okay to use on asian skin tones? can it be used as mattifying powder or should i use a diff podwer for that?

I'm NC37/N40 with yellowish beige undertones /MUFE HD 155 with a drop of MUFE Microperfecting Primer 5 Blue in it (it lightens the 155 slightly enough where it's perfect for me!). I ALWAYS use the MUFE HD powder because it makes your foundation look SOOO GOOD! As for how it looks it photographs, to be honest I haven't tried it enough times yet to see if it flashes white or anything, it's not suppose but everything that's not suppose to flash white on my has so far.
Oh and a little bit goes a long way with the powder.
As for the mattifying effects of the powder, I have suuper oily skin and I use Cosmedicine's Oil Control Lotion underneath my primer and foundation aaand powder, without it, my face gets a little shiny after a while.

I use to use MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder in Apricot Beige 42 over my MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NC35 (which was a little light on me but with a little bronzer and this powder it worked just fine) which works really well but i don't use it anymore because I feel like the color is too orangey beige on me.
I might try Sand 14 next over the MUFE HD Foundation and see how that works because I really like this mattifying powder.

Hope that helps!

marquise

I got married recently and the make up artist used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - it was flawless and lasted from 11am until I washed it off at 5am that night! I was so impressed that I went out and bought it for myself.

PeppermintMocha

I know this post hasn't been updated in a while...

But, has anyone tried both MAC F&B and MUFE F&B? I have a photo day in a few days and I wanted to switch to a more natural looking foundation.

Also, has anybody gotten any reaction of any sort with any of the two products? I have dry and sensitive skin, unfortunately! :(

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

deidre

I find that MUFE F&B has a tad more coverage and not quite as dewy of a finish as MAC F&B, but they're both still great products - that on camera I don't think you'd probably be able to tell too much of a difference. I have very dry skin, and I find that even on mine, the MAC F&B can take ages to dry. I also find that you can build up MUFE much easier. But MAC F&B is still a great product, especially if you have decent skin already and don't have the dreaded breakout reaction to their formulas.

My absolute favorite photography foundation is Laura Mercier's Silk Creme - or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua . . . for some reason it photographs pretty well on my skin.

PeppermintMocha

After reading several of reviews, I'm really interested in the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua! Does it look natural off-camera as well? I generally like light coverage and I hate full coverage foundations - it's too heavy!