Best Kabuki brush?

MizzTropical

Can you rec one thats perfect for applying bronzer?

How is the EcoTools one in this link-Buy Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki Brush Online at drugstore.com, it seems to have good reviews.

Thank You!
winks.gif

..kels*

Personally I don't like to use a Kabuki to apply my bronzer.. I find that the constant rubbing motion brings out any red in my cheeks & messes with my application. Have you tried using MAC's 187 brush? It will give a more natural looking finish as well.

Meisje

I've only ever owned one kabuki, and it's the pink one from Coastal Scents. I like it, I don't have issues with shedding or anything. I use it to apply powder (I don't bronze).

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I've only ever owned one kabuki, and it's the pink one from Coastal Scents. I like it, I don't have issues with shedding or anything. I use it to apply powder (I don't bronze).

I used to have that kabuki, shedded like crazy and fell apart on me a year later.
ssad.gif

I haven't bought any more kabukis after that. That ecotools one looks promising! I like applying bronzer with a duo fiber brush. :p

MizzTropical

The problem I'm having with my bronzer is that it is SO pigmented it's hard to get an even look. I've been using my 129se and I don't know if I'm just overloading the brush or if I just need something bigger that will pick up less product. My skin is already tan so you'd think it could handle a lil extra bronzer, but I'm using Too Faced's Sun Bunny and it's honestly like the most pigmented product I've ever owned! I looked crazy tan the first time I applied it, I was like omg I cannot pull this off in freezing December lol. The color is beautiful though so I want to purchase a brush that will apply it the right way. Any recs you can give besides a kabuki would help too.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzTropical
The problem I'm having with my bronzer is that it is SO pigmented it's hard to get an even look. I've been using my 129se and I don't know if I'm just overloading the brush or if I just need something bigger that will pick up less product. My skin is already tan so you'd think it could handle a lil extra bronzer, but I'm using Too Faced's Sun Bunny and it's honestly like the most pigmented product I've ever owned! I looked crazy tan the first time I applied it, I was like omg I cannot pull this off in freezing December lol. The color is beautiful though so I want to purchase a brush that will apply it the right way. Any recs you can give besides a kabuki would help too.

Duo fiber duo fiber!!

..kels*

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Duo fiber duo fiber!!

Agreed. A duo fiber brush will solve your problem. You should invest in a good one though... MAC 187 is my favourite!

gildedangel

I didn't like the EcoTools one, I much prefer my POSH kabuki, I would use the mini one for bronzer. I don't usually apply bronzer with a kabuki though, I agree that a duo-fibre brush would work great! I like my StudioTools one (available at Target).

MizzTropical

Ugh I hate to spend that much on another brush but I think I need to lol. Luckily it's xmas time so I could ask for one. Would you say a 187 is worth it just for bronzer/powder application alone? I don't wear foundation everyday or that often, when I do it's colorstay, and I know tons love using it for applying their foundation, everday I wear concealer,powder,bronzer,and blush. Is it seriously a must have for someone like me? Help me decide lol

tepa1974

I use the MAC 134 since it's fluffy and it helps distribute the bronzer. I'd only use a kabuki if I needed to blend it (if I applied too much).

..kels*

Quote:
Ugh I hate to spend that much on another brush but I think I need to lol. Luckily it's xmas time so I could ask for one. Would you say a 187 is worth it just for bronzer/powder application alone? I don't wear foundation everyday or that often, when I do it's colorstay, and I know tons love using it for applying their foundation, everday I wear concealer,powder,bronzer,and blush. Is it seriously a must have for someone like me? Help me decide lol

Yeah, it's definitely expensive for just one brush.. but the 187 is very multipurpose. So in my mind I got more than my money's worth from it. I've had it for over 3 years now & it's still in perfect condition!
thmbup.gif

I think it would work perfectly for your everyday makeup routine.. you could use it to apply your powder, bronzer, & blush. And it would also work well for the days that you wear liquid foundation. I use it every single day for my powder products. Nothing applies blush as well as the 187!!
yes.gif
Hope that helps!

Nicala

Quote:

Just get a Sonia Kashuk one
smiles.gif
It works great!
I don't own the 187 - too expensive for myself IMO.
I want to get another Sonia Kashuk one for blush. :]

MissResha

Too Faced teddy bear hair kabuki!

i have many kabuki's and thats always my go-to. it holds the product beautifully, where i find my MAC kabuki doesn't. lots of dust-aways.

FiestyFemme

I use the Sephora Platinum Professional Bronzer Brush to apply my bronzer, and I love it. I've had it for a couple of years, and I had the Professional Bronzer Brush before that. Both are great, but I decided to purchase the Platinum version because I love the white goat hair brushes. I won't use anything else to apply my bronzer, and it always looks natural.

Strawberrymold

I love the Sephora #55 plat. Airbrush. I use that sucker for everything. It blends like a dream and picks up just the right amount of product (both cream and powder). My duo fiber has been collecting dust ever since I got that baby.

gigiopolis

Love my MAC 182...that's the best kabuki I own. Love it for Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, powder foundations, or buffing things out when I've overapplied.

However, as far as brushes for bronzing, I don't use that one. I much prefer the Ecotools powder brush, which is super soft and fluffy, which means it picks up the perfect amount of bronzer. Just give it a good tap before applying to your face - never overdone. It's also inexpensive!

MizzTropical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
Too Faced teddy bear hair kabuki!

i have many kabuki's and thats always my go-to. it holds the product beautifully, where i find my MAC kabuki doesn't. lots of dust-aways.

Thank you for this rec, I ended up ordering it from Sephora today along with a TF herbal concealer. I wanted a new brush for TF's Sun Bunny so they should go good together I hope lol. I'm so excited to get it and try it out.
smiles.gif
I'm really starting to love Too Faced stuff.