Best matting make-up base

rocksta

I need a base that will effectively mat my incredibly oily skin and make make-up last longer.

My skin is so oily that in 2 hours after applying make-up, my foundation just runs down (!) off my face, what ruins the whole look.

Help me, please.

Amaranth

I don't know if you can get Lise Watier where you are (might be a Canadian thing), but they have a great base. Unfortunately it's kinda expensive, but it works amazingly and you really only need a tiny tiny bit to cover a large area. This is it: Products

It's crazy, it mattifies, makes your pores look smaller (a problem I have on my cheekbones), makes your foundation stick better, and it's even like...waterproof. Yet your skin can breathe...I personally really like this stuff, if you can find it, I definitely recommend it!

Simply Elegant

Maybe you could try mineral makeup. Their primers are usually made up of silica powder I think and that helps control oilyness.

rocksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
I don't know if you can get Lise Watier where you are (might be a Canadian thing), but they have a great base. Unfortunately it's kinda expensive, but it works amazingly and you really only need a tiny tiny bit to cover a large area. This is it: Products

It's crazy, it mattifies, makes your pores look smaller (a problem I have on my cheekbones), makes your foundation stick better, and it's even like...waterproof. Yet your skin can breathe...I personally really like this stuff, if you can find it, I definitely recommend it!

Does this do a really good job when it comes to reducing oiliness as well?
If it works so amazingly, I will order it from the Internet...

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksta
Does this do a really good job when it comes to reducing oiliness as well?
If it works so amazingly, I will order it from the Internet...

I find it does. I don't have overly oily skin but my T-Zone gets pretty damn oily over the course of the day and kindly removes my foundation for me. I've also let my mom try it, and she has oilier skin than I do, and she loved it, especially since it also "fills in the cracks", as she put it, haha. I've also tried some on the back of my hand and when I get it wet, it sort of repels the water. I really hope it works for you, I personally love it!

revinn

Smashbox Photofinish Primer is amazing..and for oily eyelids, Painterly Paint Pot works wonders; your eye make-up will stay on all day.