Best mineral makeup brush?

Wattage

I have decided to take the plunge and give a new foundation a try. I am looking to try i.d. Bare Minerals and was hoping those of you ladies who use it could give me a little advice!

I need to know which brush is best for it. I was thinking the MAC 180? I haven't heard such great things about the BE Buffer Brush so I was thinking I would use a 180 instead. Any recs for brushes?

TIA!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I saw a magazine advert, and Bare Escentuals has a brush (face one) for this very purpose. In fact, I want one of them
smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I saw a magazine advert, and Bare Escentuals has a brush (face one) for this very purpose. In fact, I want one of them
smiles.gif

Thanks! Although I wonder if this is the one I have heard about that is a little on the rough side? I heard BE makes one specifically for their bare minerals and apparently it's a litle scratchy?

Anyone?
th_dunno.gif

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Thanks! Although I wonder if this is the one I have heard about that is a little on the rough side? I heard BE makes one specifically for their bare minerals and apparently it's a litle scratchy?

Anyone?
th_dunno.gif

I've got that very brush - the BE Kabuki. It's fine, not what i'd call scratchy, but not velvetly. It just feels like you'd imagine it would, AND it works a treat. And at half the price of the l/e MAC Kabuki, i'm more than happy!

Winthrop44

I actually use the Cat Cosmetics kabuki now, but I have rosacea and very sensitive skin and am wondering how the MAC 187 would work.

I can't use bismuth (makes me itch) so I'm experimenting with Alima Cosmetics MMU...it's gotten great reviews on MUA:

http://www.alimacosmetics.com/index....in_tone&stp=11

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

She also has a ton of e/s, including ALOT of greens, but I haven't tried any of them yet:

http://www.alimacosmetics.com/catalog/eyes-6-0.html

Wattage

On the advice of a lovely Specktraette, I did some major calling around this morning and managed to locate a 182 at a far off MAC counter that is VERY slow moving! I paid for it and they are transferring it to my counter here. Should be here early next week!

So excited! I know that even if this brush doesn't work magic for my BE (or I end up hating BE) I will love using this brush regardless!

Thanks everyone!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
On the advice of a lovely Spectraette, I did some major calling around this morning and managed to locate a 182 at a far off MAC counter that is VERY slow moving! I paid for it and they are transferring it to my counter here. Should be here early next week!

So excited! I know that even if this brush doesn't work magic for my BE (or I end up hating BE) I will love using this brush regardless!

Thanks everyone!

Yay, I'm glad you found one!!! This brush can be used for many other things, not just mineral makeup so if you hate BE, you can still use it for liquid foundation and blush too!!! Enjoy!!!
greengrin.gif

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Anyone know if the MAC 182 is softer than the Cat Cosmetics kabuki?

I think it's softer than just about any other brush, ever, from what people say about it!