Best of 2014

makeup4mama

This is my first post... going to try and get the hang of this. Lipstick: Mac velvet teddy Lime Crime wicked Estee Lauder pure color envy Desirable YSL Rouge Volupte #1 nude beige Eyeshadow: Mac uninterrupted Foundation: Mac face and body Powder: Hourglass ambient lighting powder ethereal

SleepingBeauty

I didn't really buy that much this year but I'm very happy with what I bought.

MAC Aphrodite's Shell (Alluring Aquatic) - Love, love, love! It is just the perfect bronzer for my pale skin. It does need a lot of layering in order to show up on my skin, though, but I love it nevertheless. I'm surprised I haven't reached the pan yet.
MAC Brave - I bought it at the beginning of the year and it must be one of my most used lipsticks this year.
MAC Superb (Magnetic Nude) - I didn't like it at first but now I use it daily for highlighting my cheekbones.
Dior BB Cream - This is just the perfect foundation for me.
MAC Bijou (Osbourne) - I bought it in order to wear it over Brave and Soft Sell and I just love it so much! It can be layered on top of practically every single lipstick that is cool toned.
MAC Rebel & Patisserie - Rebel just looks stunning! I'm not one for bold lipsticks but this is the s*it, I swear! I'm really sad I can't wear it to university (would be a bit too much). Patisserie is a great neutral colour for everyday especially for when I'm working and only have mascara and powder on.
Urban Decay Vice 3 - I've only had it for not even a week but I've already used it everyday for very different looks.

Jumping Mice

Kevyn Aucoin - Candlelight Maybelline Color Elixir glosses MAC - Deep Damson Marc Jacobs fragrances - I've realized that I'm always intrigued when he releases a new perfume. They're sweet and girly but not too overpowering or like something for the tween crowd. I normally gravitate towards deeper "sexy" or "chic" scents, and I enjoy the occasional sweet, floral scents, but I love me some Marc Jacobs, his are definitely up my alley. Oh Lola! was my first MJ fragrance, it's not my favorite but I'll admit that the main reasons I bought it was because Dakota Fanning was the face of the campaign and because I enjoyed Vladimir Nobakov's "Lolita". I received Dot as a gift last year and love it. I love Honey and Daisy Eau So Fresh too. I'm totally getting this year's rollerball set to save myself some lettuce, the sets are a great deal. They're my Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all!

MACGirl1908

Hi Everyone, I'm new and kind of late, Lol but here goes.

Blush:
1) MAC Sea Me Hear Me

Bronzer:
1) MAC Refined Golden

Highlighters:
1) MAC Whisper of Guilt

Finishing Powders:
1) MAC Peaches & Cream

Eyeshadow:
1) Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tissé Vénitien
2) MAC Artistic License
3) MAC Fathoms Deep
4) MAC Hidden Motive

Lipglosses:
1) MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2
2) Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss Sensible
3) MAC Clearwater

Lipsticks:
1) MAC Dodgy Girl
2) MAC No Faux Pas
3) MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2
4) MAC Pedro Lorenco Ruby
5) MAC Pure Herione
6.) MAC Mystical
7) MAC Quite The Thing

******Hello my name is MacGirl1908 and I'm a lipstick whore. Hangs head in shame************
drools.gif

Queenesq

Kevyn Aucoin - Candlelight Maybelline Color Elixir glosses MAC - Deep Damson Marc Jacobs fragrances - I've realized that I'm always intrigued when he releases a new perfume. They're sweet and girly but not too overpowering or like something for the tween crowd. I normally gravitate towards deeper "sexy" or "chic" scents, and I enjoy the occasional sweet, floral scents, but I love me some Marc Jacobs, his are definitely up my alley. Oh Lola! was my first MJ fragrance, it's not my favorite but I'll admit that the main reasons I bought it was because Dakota Fanning was the face of the campaign and because I enjoyed Vladimir Nobakov's "Lolita". I received Dot as a gift last year and love it. I love Honey and Daisy Eau So Fresh too. I'm totally getting this year's rollerball set to save myself some lettuce, the sets are a great deal. They're my Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all!
m I love your Caroline avatar!

Denise Jordan

I'm late to the party since I've only really been into makeup about two months, but I'm loving the Iman BB cream in Clay medium, the Iman creame lipstick in Paprika, iman's lipgloss in Nearly Nude, Benefit's blusher - Majorette, I and the Guerlain bronzed in a Terracota 3

LivN

Blush:
Chanel Accent

Bronzer:
Kevyn Aucoin Tropical Nights (amazing texture, love the gradient and unusual shade)

Highlighters:
Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight (beautiful, soft, natural looking glow)

Finishing Powders:
D&G Illuminator in 06 Shimmer
Hourglass Dim Light
MAC Jolly Good

Eyeshadow Palettes:
Chanel Tisse Camelia (the most pleasant surprise of 2014 for me are these new CH palettes)

Individual Eyeshadows:
Burberry Mulberry (I love everything about it, shade, finish, how it looks on me)

Lipsticks:
Chanel RCS in Style (love the formula, the shade is soft and neutral and it goes with any look)

Lip gloss:
Burberry Cameo Pink (best lip gloss shade and formula ever!)

pandorablack

Liner: KVD tattoo liner is the best liquid liner ever! EVER!!!

Eyeshadow palettes: KVD Monarch and Urban Decay Naked 3

Lip gloss: Urban Decay Naked gloss in Naked

Lipstick: MAC Sheen Supreme in Venomous Violet

Jayjayy

Primers: Rimmel Stay Matte, Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Foundation: Clinique Even Better SPF 15 makeup Blush: Nars Rotonde (Pierre Hardy collection), MUFE HD cream blush in 510, MAC Burnt Pepper Eyeshadow: MAC singles, MUFE Artist Shadow duo in M-548 Pink Gray and M-600 Pink Brown Eyeliner: Ruby Kisses HD Xpress Gel Liner, MUFE Waterproof Pencil in 6L (purple) Lips: MAC Cremsheen Glass in Over Indulgence, Maybelline ColorSensational in 1010 Pink Grandeur (LE), MAC Flat Out Fabulous, MAC Plumful Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Chocolate (the only original thing to come out of the entire cosmetics line), Anastasia Brow Gel in clear Honorable mentions: Ruby Kisses HD Setn' Forget Setting Powder, L'oreal lippies in 840/250/114, Ardell spoolie/brush duo. Without this to help my brows in the morning I am lost.

Goat Goat Etc.

I've turned stuff down this year but in doing so I know what I truly love.

Foundation: Mac Studio Stick - I was lucky enough to get one at an outlet store. I should have grabbed a thousand of them. I love this over my usual Studio Sculpt.

Lipstick: Milani's Red Label - The perfect shiny cream. And I can get it from anywhere.

Lipgloss: Milani's Brilliant Shine Lipgloss in Luminous- It's been the perfect topping for all my nudes and browns.

nt234

2014 was the year that I really expanded my makeup collection, so there are tons and tons of products I loved, but here are my stand-outs:

- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
- MAC Whirl, Burgundy, Currant and Nightmoth lipliners
- Limecrime Wicked velvetine
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
- OCC Cosmetics Lip Tar in Black Dahlia
- Inglot gel liner
- Colourpop cosmetics (in general)
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation... I've never had so many people ask me what foundation I use before switching to this! (I used to use MAC matchmaster)

I can't wait to see how my makeup collection will grow in 2015. Or maybe I should wait... it's probably going to snowball out of control. lol.

ILoveMakeup84

I recently received 2 items that I LOVE and are worth mentioning in this thread: Lorac Mega Pro Palette Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

liquidsirenhoney

I bought lots of items I love this year and not all are Mac Blush Mac Crazed Imagination Tarte Unleashed Bronzer Tarte Park Ave Princess Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Highlighter Ben NYE Banana Powder Eye shadow/ eye shadow palette Lime Crime Venus Tarte Rainforest After Dark Mac Red Alert Lipstick I have so many Mac Styled in Sepia by far my favorite lipstick Melt 6six6 UD Ms Mia Wallace Mac Frank n Furter Mac Pander Me Lip liner Mac Bespoken For Mac Ruby Woo Still have yet to find a black eyeliner that will stay put And I finally fell in love with a foundation after trying to many Tarte was my winner after trying almost every brand.

mkoparanova

Blushes:
1) MAC Corol
2) Tom Ford Duo Softcore
3) Lancome Rose Desir

Bronzers:
1) Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
2) Guerlain Pucci bronzer
3) D&G Sicilian Lace bronzer
4) MAC Love, Rihanna

Mascara:
1) Armani Eyes To Kill